• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to succeed at navy ocs

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
No. Not really. Besides the fact that you somehow think you're special for getting through OCS, how did you put it, "day after grueling day". Well congratulations if that's what you were looking to hear.

This post is completely stupid. And I can't believe I keep responding. But I can't help it. That fact that you're so pompous thinking that you're helping the masses by saying "get in shape" when you're bragging about a good-high PRT. Get real. Almost every person on this board has something far more substantial to brag about and you don't see them doing it. Get over yourself.

Just sayin....your posts speak for themselves. I can't even read your original without wanting to beat you.

Bragging? I'm not trying to "brag" by any means, I'm just trying to further drive home the point that people here are worrying about pointless shit that they can't control.

And yes, regardless of what you may believe, OCS *is* changing significantly and telling people "don't quit" is not going to cut it. It isn't going to keep them from getting injured because they show up out of shape. Nobody said a good high was worth a shit, and that wasn't my point, my point was that I didn't show up out of shape, but for those that did, it certainly made the program suck that much more.

Are you going to contribute anything constructive to the thread or are you just going to continue to be negative?

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
my point was that I didn't show up out of shape

If you got a "good high", then yes you did.

Are you going to contribute anything constructive to the thread or are you just going to continue to be negative?

lol...negative seems to be working for me :D Someone needs to throw a dose of reality your way. Eat some humble pie, re-read your first post and realize you said absolutely NOTHING helpful, and take a better attitude to the fleet. You're not god's gift to the Navy quite yet.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
And yes, regardless of what you may believe, OCS *is* changing significantly and telling people "don't quit" is not going to cut it. It isn't going to keep them from getting injured because they show up out of shape. Nobody said a good high was worth a shit, and that wasn't my point, my point was that I didn't show up out of shape, but for those that did, it certainly made the program suck that much more.
I showed up barely able to pass the run with a good low. My PU and SU were fine, but I think I got maybe good-high on those on my in-pfa. Yet I made it through just fine. Yea, it sucked for a couple of weeks until my body adjusted, but that's where the "don't quit" comes from.

Is there suddenly a high amount of candidates who are being separated from the Navy without their consent? Are the tests now made for people above the IQ of functional retard (insert SWO joke here)? Because when I was there, you had to try hard to attrite besides DOR.

LET73

Bottom line up front:
1) Everyone who wanted to make it through OCS, made it through. Some people got rolled back, but they still made it through if they wanted it badly enough.
2) If you're dumb enough to think that you're not going to have to PT hard, or that the DIs aren't going to play brutal little mind games with you, you probably need to reconsider the whole OCS thing.

I went in blind. The only things I knew about OCS were what I had gleaned from watching the occasional TV show about boot camp (like, you do a lot of push-ups and get yelled at all the time). That's all you need to know. Anything else you need to know, you will be given the opportunity to learn. Go online and study all the gouge you want, but the bottom line is that you're not expected to know anything coming in, and no one will really care if you show up on Day One with everything memorized. Even if you know what to expect, inspections are still going to suck, PT will probably still be painful, and the DIs will find creative ways to make you miserable. Develop a thick skin if you don't already have one, and step outside of the experience a little bit. OCS is actually kind of fun if you don't take it all personally. Finally, the top guy in the class and the bottom guy in the class will both be ensigns at the end of it, and once you're finished, no one cares how you did at OCS. Just don't be a dirtbag.

Bevo16

pilot
I'm just trying to further drive home the point that people here are worrying about pointless shit that they can't control.

Stop for a second and re-read what you just wrote. Say it out loud if you have to.

Once you understand how stupid that statement was, take the following steps.

Slap yourself, unplug your computer, and take a week off.

Are you fucking shitting me? Butter bars graduated from OCS is laying it down.

We have had a rash of pre-OCS wanna-be's stepping on their dick around here lately. I guess you wanted to start a new trend.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Maybe...just maybe...OCS is not something you can give guidelines for. Maybe it's a unique experience for everyone and we should just leave it at that. You can say all day long that if you do a, b, and c, your OCS experience will be x. But we know that's not true, don't we? People have been going to OCS for a long, long time and somehow they made it through without the rest of us chatting about it on the internet.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot

You need to do one thing here, STFU. Let me ask you something... Would you walk up to a LT or LTCDR and say something like this?

If your answer is yes, you are out of your god damned mind and are about to have your titties stomped by the next O3+ that you decide to try and bitch out.

If your answer is no, then why do you find it appropriate to do so here? I see you're at SWOS... A little insight for you that I'm sure pinned SWOs can probably back up... The community you're about to join especially, let alone the aviation community, doesn't tolerate this bullshit.

Word to the wise....In the SWO world, if you decide to say something like this even to a LTJG as a butter bar you're probably going to get your pee pee schwacked. If you decide to say something like this to an O3 or O4, you're probably going to get it cut completely off.

As an ENS when you receive criticism, whether you feel it is good criticism or not, you need to nod your head and say "yes sir, it won't happen again sir," or, "yes sir, I'll do better next time sir," and move along.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Are you fucking shitting me? Butter bars graduated from OCS is laying it down.

We have had a rash of pre-OCS wanna-be's stepping on their dick around here lately. I guess you wanted to start a new trend.

If you'll recall, he was one of THE premier guys stepping on his dick pre-OCS as one of your aforementioned winners. Same guy, now with butter bars. The dick-stepping continues, much to the delight of us all, and I'm sure his wardroom. Before OCS, during his crescendo of dick-stepping, I'd say he became almost a kinder, gentler Joboy. Nice.

-1 At least fill out your profile prior to attempting to have balls.

Yeard heard it first from ENS Godspeed. No profile, no balls. Turn em in, ladies. ENS Godspeed is the LAW around here. ;)

MONKEYWATCH

Boot officer's

I'm amazed how intelligent (and brave) JO's are on the internet. I also find immense humor in "boot officers" trying to "one up" each other. Come on children stop snipping like a bunch of Air Force pilots. The young Ensign is pumped and only trying to give his view, which is, by the way, his view. Any of you other ladies have anything constructive that may help those thinking about joining? I'm sure many would benefit. Remember, "One Team, One Fight!"

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I'm amazed how intelligent (and brave) JO's are on the internet. I also find immense humor in "boot officers" trying to "one up" each other. Come on children stop snipping like a bunch of Air Force pilots. The young Ensign is pumped and only trying to give his view, which is, by the way, his view. Any of you other ladies have anything constructive that may help those thinking about joining? I'm sure many would benefit. Remember, "One Team, One Fight!"

I think the hostility comes because of his attitude of "you guys all had it wrong...let me set you straight about OCS," followed by what amounts to a summary of the same exact gouge that has been floating around about OCS for years. He added nothing new.

m0t, congrats on graduating OCS...don't be that guy

Status
Not open for further replies.