• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long does it take to class-up

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Which will then bite them in the ass later in their careers in the form of shortened shore tours and FOSing on first looks for boards since they might not have completed a milestone in time.
Which sucks since it’s not their fault, and there’s nothing they can really do to speed up their wait times. All I’m saying is to enjoy the time they have off. Hopefully NASC and the VTs can find some way to speed up their training times.

bunny_0329

Woppin'
pilot
Which sucks since it’s not their fault, and there’s nothing they can really do to speed up their wait times. All I’m saying is to enjoy the time they have off. Hopefully NASC and the VTs can find some way to speed up their training times.
Judging from your timeline I'd say you've probably heard the same about guys like you and myself. Checked into A-pool OCT 2019 and I'll be winging out of TW5 in a few weeks. I thought my time to train through API/IFS was bad, albeit relaxing and fun before Covid ruined most things. I can't imagine how much more frustrated I'd be if I was waiting a year and a half for 10 Cessna flights.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
We can split to PNA since this won’t have happy answers, but is PERS planning any changes to respond to these long(!) class-up and time-to-train for entire year groups? My first guess would be PERS wants to cut first shore tours to 24 months. Were there any changes when this happened in earlier years/decades?

MGoBrew11

pilot
We can split to PNA since this won’t have happy answers, but is PERS planning any changes to respond to these long(!) class-up and time-to-train for entire year groups? My first guess would be PERS wants to cut first shore tours to 24 months. Were there any changes when this happened in earlier years/decades?
Yes....it’s already happening.

Shore tours used to be 36 months. Then 33. Now they write shore tour orders for 33 months but put a clause in there to say they can rip you as early as 24 months.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
A bunch of guys roughly my timeline in VFA land are even being pulled from their sea tours early, so they have enough time to do a 24 month shore tour and then a super JO tour.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The good news is that if it's happening to everyone, everyone will have the same issue going to boards. This has happened before ('93, '94, '04, etc) and it will happen again.

AFidk

dumb ensign/SNA
To throw my hat into this,
currently in A-pool getting my MBA. Would highly recommend it.

Have a couple of friends getting their masters in various subjects. I'm stashed, and I do not find it overwhelming to balance both.
Online or conventional? Do you think you're going to finish it by the time you class up?

Mouselovr

Contributor
Online or conventional? Do you think you're going to finish it by the time you class up?
Online. Not by the time I class up for NIFE, but I should be done before primary.

However, if I had checked in later/during the big wave of academy/ROTC, then yes, I could have been done pre NIFE

I have also overloaded every semester thus far

What would you say accounted for that 14 person dr
Rumors are rumors but is there some truth to the rumor that current wait time to class up for NIFE is 14-18 months?
I can concur from multiple people there that the backup is atleast 12-14 months - then if you choose to go to primary in Milton it’s another 8 month hold. Want jets? The T45 is broke right now so there is going to be a back log in that area I’m sure.

Hopefully all of this doesn’t screw with promotion chances.