• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long does it take to class-up

BarryD

Contributor
Someone I know recently reported to NASP as a SNA. During INDOC briefing it was mentioned current wait time for classing up for NIFE is 13-14 months?? Current A-Pool at ~900 bodies. Can this be correct?
Yep, can corroborate.

vbts13

I don't go to OCS till next July at the earliest... any chance that wait time to class up clears up by the time I graduate OCS?

BravoBeach

Current time line: Reported to Pensacola as SNA in July 2021. Finished NIFE in November 2021. Waiting to start Primary in Milton - no start date in sight as of this week. No medical or rollbacks delay. There is just a massive back up and a lack of parts/aircraft available.

Current time line: Reported to Pensacola as SNA in July 2021. Finished NIFE in November 2021. Waiting to start Primary in Milton - no start date in sight as of this week. No medical or rollbacks delay. There is just a massive back up and a lack of parts/aircraft available.
What do they have you doing in the mean time? Have done some reading that you'll be placed into stash jobs, others saying you really don't have much of anything to do besides PT

BarryD

Contributor
The first month or so will be all about getting stuff like NAMI, APIT, anthro, etc done. 2-3 weeks after you get your upchit you’ll probably class up for water survival.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm chuckling because I think my first post on this forum was asking this same question as a MIDN 1/c when today's Ensigns may or may not have been out of diapers. Yes, I'm old.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lol. What was the wait time for you?
Commissioned May 2003, reported to P-Cola September 2003, classed up for then-API May 2004, graduated June 2004. :)

Little known fact: @webmaster and @Steve Wilkins started this site as the equivalent of a blog before there was such a term. I remember being a mid, coming here, and going "wow! It's a forum now!"

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sounds like a perfectly long paid vacation for those A poolers. While waiting sucks, those days are few and far between once you start.
Which will then bite them in the ass later in their careers in the form of shortened shore tours and FOSing on first looks for boards since they might not have completed a milestone in time.