• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long did you wait for a TBS date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TargetInSight

leatherneck82 said:
I think it was even in my contract. Also the date of my graduation from OCS on my contract said December 10, is this the right date?

You think? Find out whats in your contract for sure buddy. Ask your OSO to see it if you need to look it over again.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
That sounds about right, OCC has priority when it comes to classing up at TBS. There is a TBS company that picks up a few weeks after every OCC graduates.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
leatherneck82 said:
My OSO said that after OCC 187 I might have 2 weeks off at most. He seemed to think I would be going to TBS January 10. I think it was even in my contract. Also the date of my graduation from OCS on my contract said December 10, is this the right date? I have family in the military already wanting to ask time off for it. Shows just how much faith they have in me.

"I can power a small city with my whining"

According to the OCS website, OCC 187 graduation is indeed December 10.

LegalWarrior

I know I've seen a thread on here about TBS housing before, but what are some good places for Marines w/ dependants to live while attending TBS?

Spin

SNA in Meridian
It's more pricey than the other places but I stayed at "The Pointe at Stafford" and loved it. It's about 5 minutes from both gates, they have a pool and tennis court. Really nice place but rent is $965 for a one bedroom. As you will have BAH (I'm assuming you're married) it should cover it. If you have any questions feel free to hit me. I'm off for Pensacola on Wed. so hit me b4 then.

-Spin

LegalWarrior

Spin

Just made Lt. and finishing up law school in South Dakota. Didn't mean to infiltrate an all Air-Contract forum, but it seems to be a great source of TBS info.

While driving around TBS this summer, pretending like I'm active duty, I noticed a neighborhood right up near the Gate; "Sky Terrace." The online apartment forum postings give it mixed reviews. The proximity would be excellant since me and the Mrs. wouldn't have to purchase a 2nd POV. Your thoughts?

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Lots of people live there. I personally lived at The Pointe at Stafford (like Spin), so I can't speak from personal experience. I haven't heard anyone I know that lives there complain though. Don't worry about the whole airwarriors thing, I'm a ground O but go here because it's the only website with a large Marine Officer following that I've seen.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
tougs9 said:
I am graduating in december 05 I am applying for combined plc. Is there anyway I could possibly get into the January or April TBS class or is there no shot, because I do not feel like waiting around at all.
Do yourself a favor and tell the recruiter you will talk to him next year about this time for direct commissioning through OCC. Till then play rugby and PT and above all else drink beer and vote republican. :icon_wink

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
USMCBebop said:
Unless you're REALLY lucky, I'd count on being in either Delta Co. or Alpha Co. (see my earlier post on this thread). It seems they give priority to those who are commissioned immediately into active duty (like OCC, USNA and NROTC).

Like I said,
The reason they do that is because OCC and ringknockers are paid after they commission and they don't want someone on the payroll who is sitting around gettin all navy on em. PLC'ers are a good deal for them because it's a pool of qualified and commissioned applicants they can fill boat space with.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
tougs9 said:
wow that is a long time, should I reconsider applying occ. And does being an air contract guy help speed the process up because that is a long time to be sitting around. What is the longest period I could wait
My roomate from TBS waited 11 months and I waited six. I was lucky to get into the january class after graduating in may.

sublime259

I'm sure this has been answered many times, but what do you do while waiting for your TBS date? Are you considered active duty and getting paid?

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Oh boy ... you're gonna have lots of fun. You will be put in M Company till u pick up. They will have u doing all sorts of fun stuff on working parties. You could be one of the lucky Lt's who gets to participate in:

- E-Course maintenance (E-Tool provided free of charge).

- Classroom/BOQ painting (supplies sold seperately)

- or my favorite, Rifle Range Scoring (must possess outstanding skills in mathematics as well as basket weaving).

Stand by for a great time waiting for your class to pick up and just remember .......... HYDRATE!!! (hehehehe). Thank god I'm in Pensacola.

Peace,

-Spin

Clux4

Banned
The Marine Corps should give people lessons on how to recycle manpower. (The great benefits of working party.)

Status
Not open for further replies.