• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long did you wait for a TBS date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
How long after commissioning (beit at OCC grad. or college grad.) did you have to wait until you went to TBS? I'm applying for PLC Jrs, and if I'm accepted, I'll go this summer, next summer, and graduate in Dec. '05. Just trying to fill out the time line and see how long of a lag I'll have in between commissioning to TBS. I've heard of guys waiting 5 months, others not even a month. So, let me know. Thanks in advance.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Graduated May 17, 02, Reported June 13, 02
ROTC-type

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Yeah... I was commissioned 14 Jun and went to Fox Company.. about 3 month wait. You should know what day you will report to TBS the day you are commissioned.

cmdell

I was in the same boat as you. I went back to back PLC (02-03) and graduated December 03. I have orders for The 3-04 TBS class in April. There are other Dec. grads I know who are waiting longer because they waited to get the paperwork done until the fall semester started. I went 1st increment for seniors, and had the paperwork rolling as soon as I got home. Moral of the story: if you don't want to sit around for a long time, get the papers in early.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Great. Thanks for the gouge, guys. Cmdell, thanks for the heads up. My girlfriend was wanting to know. She'll be in her first year of teaching and was wanting to know if she would be able to get done with a full school year (Aug-May) before I head to TBS.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
My wife is a teacher... That's a tricky situation, trying to time a move and a teaching career.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I hear ya, FrogFly. She's not my wife, but in the whole "talk" thing, we discussed all the things that she and I both would have to do to make it work. Thanks a lot.

usanavypilot

EA-6B1 said:
I hear ya, FrogFly. She's not my wife, but in the whole "talk" thing, we discussed all the things that she and I both would have to do to make it work. Thanks a lot.

So what about the OCCers? Do we get 2nd priority after ROTC? Can anyone out there from the last summer OCC tell me how long you waited for TBS?
Thanks!

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
hbmortster said:
So what about the OCCers? Do we get 2nd priority after ROTC? Can anyone out there from the last summer OCC tell me how long you waited for TBS?
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure OCC'ers get first priority. If you notice when the graduation dates for OCC are, you'll see there's a TBS date like 2 weeks later.

cmdell

There must be alot of us in the same boat. My wife is in her second year of teaching. she is planning to stay until the end of the year (first week of June) then move down to Quantico.

LTShives

C.M. Dell= Chris Dell?

Lt. Dell,

You wouldn't happen to be Chris Dell of 4th PLT, E Co., 03 SRS-1st Inc. would you? If so, how's the wife and kids? I remember running into you new Iwo right after grad. this past summer and I hope to see you at TBS or in the Fleet. I was originally slotted for 08 April but have been told that I've been shoved down to 10 Jun, but will most likely report early to M Co. for IFS sometime in the next couple of months.

S/F,
2nd Lt. Timothy Shives
USMCR

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
EA-6B1 said:
How long after commissioning (beit at OCC grad. or college grad.) did you have to wait until you went to TBS? I'm applying for PLC Jrs, and if I'm accepted, I'll go this summer, next summer, and graduate in Dec. '05. Just trying to fill out the time line and see how long of a lag I'll have in between commissioning to TBS. I've heard of guys waiting 5 months, others not even a month. So, let me know. Thanks in advance.
Unless there is a specific thing you want like an air contract and you can get it garanteed now I highly recommend OCC! You will wait up to 11 months to go to TBS with PLC. Commission in Dec and your wait is much less like Charlie or Delta Co 4-6 months minimum. Do your self a favor and go OCC you will go to OCS at a specific time and you won't have to wipe retards asses like I did waiting for orders to TBS. People know this is your life and you will commission and they will say "Dude, why are you still here. I thought you were in the Marines" that gets old fast. No one will hire you after grad cause you're leaving unless you don't tell them you graduated. Not to mention you get comissioned on grad day, instead of going home and not being a Marine at all, just another college punk who had a bad summer. After you are at OCS for six weeks you will realize you can do another 4 standing on your head and it beats coming back for more. PLC'ers are also the lowest pool they select out of for TBS. You go after OCC and ringknockers and ROTC nazis and MECEP. :icon_rage

Spin

SNA in Meridian
I graduated OCS Dec 12 and began TBS Jan 9. Rifle range was cold and thats all I have to say about that (hehe)

Peace,

-Spin

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
TBS Class trends

EA-6B1 said:

When I was at TBS, I noticed the following trends:

Alpha Co., which picks up around Oct or November, was predominantly PLC grads.

Bravo Co. (Jan-Feb) was prodominantly OCC from the fall class.

Charlie Co. (April) was prodominantly OCC from the winter class.

Delta Co. (June) seemed a myriad of commissioning sources.

Echo Co. (July) was predominantly USNA and NROTC (and other academies for that matter, E.G. USMA).

Fox Co. (Sept) was was prodominantly OCC from the summer class.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
USMCBebop said:
When I was at TBS, I noticed the following trends:

Alpha Co., which picks up around Oct or November, was predominantly PLC grads.

Bravo Co. (Jan-Feb) was prodominantly OCC from the fall class.

Charlie Co. (April) was prodominantly OCC from the winter class.

Delta Co. (June) seemed a myriad of commissioning sources.

Echo Co. (July) was predominantly USNA and NROTC (and other academies for that matter, E.G. USMA).

Fox Co. (Sept) was was prodominantly OCC from the summer class.

Wow, that's a huge help to me. Thanks for posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.