• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long did you wait for a TBS date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
slasher said:
Wow, that's a huge help to me. Thanks for posting it.
Just keep in mind, just because a Co. is predominantly one type of commissioning source doesn't mean you'll be in that Co. It can depend on the needs on the Corps, how full that Co. gets, and on you (I had classmates who delayed their TBS because they went to grad school, but they were Acadmemy and ROTC grads. If you're PLC, you have until such and such a date to accept your commission and go to TBS. I don't know if they'll let you go to grad school like the academy grads).

TANGO 1

Contributor
USMCBebop said:
If you're PLC, you have until such and such a date to accept your commission and go to TBS. I don't know if they'll let you go to grad school like the academy grads).

Let me get this,
Do they let Academy grads go to grad school after after finishing at the Academy. Now when this happens, what happens to their commisioning. Do they still hold on to it. What is the deal with that. Can you explain.

tougs9

I am graduating in december 05 I am applying for combined plc. Is there anyway I could possibly get into the January or April TBS class or is there no shot, because I do not feel like waiting around at all.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
tougs9 said:
I am graduating in december 05 I am applying for combined plc. Is there anyway I could possibly get into the January or April TBS class or is there no shot, because I do not feel like waiting around at all.
Unless you're REALLY lucky, I'd count on being in either Delta Co. or Alpha Co. (see my earlier post on this thread). It seems they give priority to those who are commissioned immediately into active duty (like OCC, USNA and NROTC).

Like I said,
Just keep in mind, just because a Co. is predominantly one type of commissioning source doesn't mean you'll be in that Co. It can depend on the needs on the Corps, how full that Co. gets, and on you (I had classmates who delayed their TBS because they went to grad school, but they were Acadmemy and ROTC grads. If you're PLC, you have until such and such a date to accept your commission and go to TBS. I don't know if they'll let you go to grad school like the academy grads).

Clux4

Banned
A friend told me that the Alpha class is almost always opened for december grad and the combined class, but all this depends on how many people are waiting in Mike CO. But if you don't make it to Alpha, then I would think you will make it to Delta, so give or take you will have at the least a 3 month wait period.

tougs9

wow that is a long time, should I reconsider applying occ. And does being an air contract guy help speed the process up because that is a long time to be sitting around. What is the longest period I could wait

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Clux4 said:
A friend told me that the Alpha class is almost always opened for december grad and the combined class, but all this depends on how many people are waiting in Mike CO. But if you don't make it to Alpha, then I would think you will make it to Delta, so give or take you will have at the least a 3 month wait period.

That can't be right... Alpha picks up the week before Thanksgiving (November) ! I've known 2 guys that were december grads that went to Bravo Company (January), but most december grads go to Charlie (April) or sometimes Delta (June).

Taxman2A

War were declared.
USMCBebop said:
Unless you're REALLY lucky, I'd count on being in either Delta Co. or Alpha Co. (see my earlier post on this thread). It seems they give priority to those who are commissioned immediately into active duty (like OCC, USNA and NROTC).

Why would Delta or Alpha be the only options? I have never heard of a december grad waiting for the next alpha... that's almost a year. I have never even heard of them waiting for Echo or Fox! Delta is possible though.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
tougs9 said:
The alpha co is between october and november that would be a year wait for me being a dec grad

The longest wait I have ever heard of was 6 months (graduated May, reported to Alpha in November. Also some that graduated December, reported to Delta in June)

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Taxman2A said:
Why would Delta or Alpha be the only options? I have never heard of a december grad waiting for the next alpha... that's almost a year. I have never even heard of them waiting for Echo or Fox! Delta is possible though.
Based on the trends of what class has a majority of what commissioning sources (see my earlier post) that's why I posted that. Alpha seems to have a majority of PLCers while Delta has myriad of sources. It's possible to get into Charlie (April) or Fox (Sept.), both OCC dominant classes, (or any class for that matter), like I said, the dominance of a particular commissioning source does not determine what TBS class you'll be with.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Yes Alpha is mostly PLCers and ROTCers that gradutated in the summer. Those who graduated late summer or later (PLC) were in Bravo, EVEN THOUGH Bravo is mostly OCC.

Clux4

Banned
Taxman2A said:
That can't be right... Alpha picks up the week before Thanksgiving (November) ! I've known 2 guys that were december grads that went to Bravo Company (January), but most december grads go to Charlie (April) or sometimes Delta (June).

Thanks for the correction. So as a december grad, I should be looking at either Charlie or Delta. I would not necessarily consider the time a waste as I would need to do the Introductory Flight lessons before reporting to TBS. Going to Quantico in April or June by far beats January.

WTFover

Arctic Alpha
It doesn't matter what you feel like, they're gonna put you anywhere they need you. It all depends on the number of slots available for coming TBS classes.

leatherneck82

Manassas IFS
?

My OSO said that after OCC 187 I might have 2 weeks off at most. He seemed to think I would be going to TBS January 10. I think it was even in my contract. Also the date of my graduation from OCS on my contract said December 10, is this the right date? I have family in the military already wanting to ask time off for it. Shows just how much faith they have in me.

"I can power a small city with my whining"

Status
Not open for further replies.