• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How do women keep up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabef18pilot

Wow, ppl have said physical fitness does not matter to be a fighter pilot in this forum. I hate to burst your bubble ppl, but it does, it matters a lot.

Think of all the people in ROTC including myself who hear that, what type of message does that send?

If that does not work for you, at least have some pride in the prestige of naval aviation. This website is entitled air "warriors". Lets not 4get we are warriors first- men and women- PT does matter to be a fighter pilot.

Stop *****ing about it because that means you are probably out of shape.

Pags

N/A
pilot
wannabef18pilot said:
Wow, ppl have said physical fitness does not matter to be a fighter pilot in this forum. I hate to burst your bubble ppl, but it does, it matters a lot.

Think of all the people in ROTC including myself who hear that, what type of message does that send?

If that does not work for you, at least have some pride in the prestige of naval aviation. This website is entitled air "warriors". Lets not 4get we are warriors first- men and women- PT does matter to be a fighter pilot.

Stop *****ing about it because that means you are probably out of shape.

Physical fitness does matter, but not in the sense that it's going to improve your airwork or SA. Do fighter pilots have to fit? Of course. Being fit will buy you a higher G tolerance. Also, being in good shape will help some intangibles that are hard to measure. If you're in shape you won't get as tired out by the flights, it'll help you be more focused, and it will help to reduce your stress. Working out will also help give you a competitive mindset, whether it be pushing for more weight, or running farther.

Like some folks have already hit on, Naval Officers should want to look good in uniform and always pride themselves on pushing themselves to their personal limits. But even there, my fellow JOs that I respect the most aren't setting PRT records, but they are meeting standards.

As a Mid, it's up to you to set your own priorities. No one's gonna make you PT as a JO.

Fox

IceWoman04 said:
Ever noticed how much the guys can't keep up? I just took a PFA, and like all of them, I finished well ahead of probably 70% of the guys running it... Ahh the enjoyment I get when I pass them on the run... and their look of pure shock and disbelief, thinking "This girl is gonna beat me!"... Hell yeah I am!

All you guys are losing the grip on all this s**t... you should try to work as a team and try to help each other to do better.
Teamwork is the keystone, maybe some of you is too young to get that, but I hope that in the future you'll understand this.
Try to get better together and improve the whole team, not only the singleton.
Take care,
F

Status
Not open for further replies.