• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How do women keep up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnorman911

I was just wondering how women keep up on battalion runs. From everything I have heard, the 3 mile battalion runs are done at an 8 min mile pace. Looking at the PRT standards for a woman, that seems to be pretty impressive. Just wondering how they keep up seeing as that speed would be an excellent high to outstanding low for only 1.5 miles for women 20 - 24.

I think I just have too much time on my hands... But I am sure I won't for too long...

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Let's put it this way, they don't always keep up. We had a female drop out of a few formation runs, yet when all was said and done, she got a physical fitness badge, because outstanding medium for a female 20-24 is 11:15. For a guy, 20-24, it's 9:00.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
Thisguy said:
Let's put it this way, they don't always keep up. We had a female drop out of a few formation runs, yet when all was said and done, she got a physical fitness badge, because outstanding medium for a female 20-24 is 11:15. For a guy, 20-24, it's 9:00.

Do I dedect a little bitterness?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
erinleigh31 said:
Do I dedect a little bitterness?

How can women be considered equals in the military if they are not held to equal standards?

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Lol, this kind of thing should be in the War Zone. I personally feel that the standards should be equal for the same job, no matter gender. But it will never be that way. And in ROTC, API, etc you can usually see the difference on Battalion runs. And that Physical Fitness badge is a joke for women. We had females fall out of every single battalion run and still get them.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
Does that relate to making a difference in flying airplanes and helicopters???? Uhhh, no.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
True enough, but the determinant of who should sit in the cockpit is flight skill to avoid the shootdown, not to be able to escape after it occurs. If that was the case, we could just skip grades in flight school and let everyone run a PFT....

Whalebite

Is every shootdown avoidable?

What about collateral duties?

If the PFT was watered down for me I probably would not have strived to go higher than the max. For instance I never thought I could ever max say the pullup requirement, if 15 was the max I would still think it would be impossible for me to do 20. Does this not create a chilling effect on training?

I'm sure there are women out there that can keep pace, it's a lot harder to make an argument against women in the military if they can keep pace with their counterparts. ( Shouldn't they be given the opportunity to prove themselves?)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The plane is just a machine it doesn't care who manipulates the controls. It will kill a man as quick as a woman if you let it. Pilot skill is not gender dependant.

I've seen good and bad male pilots fly fighters, likewise with females.

I've had female pilots on my wing over Iraq in combat and would do it again.

No arguments here. What counts is skill.

Any doubt about female piloting skill...look up "Patty Wagstaff" in a google search.

r/
Goz

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Schnuggapup said:
The plane is just a machine it doesn't care who manipulates the controls. It will kill a man as quick as a woman if you let it. Pilot skill is not gender dependant.

I've seen good and bad male pilots fly fighters, likewise with females.

I've had female pilots on my wing over Iraq in combat and would do it again.

No arguments here. What counts is skill.

Any doubt about female piloting skill...look up "Patty Wagstaff" in a google search.

r/
Goz

Patty Wagstaff kicks ass. I'd love to see her perform live.

Status
Not open for further replies.