• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How did you first discover Air Warriors?

How did you first hear of/discover Air Warriors?

• Word of Mouth

Votes: 49 32.0%
  • Internet Search

Votes: 86 56.2%
  • Saw it referenced on another site

Votes: 18 11.8%

• Total voters

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Heard about it via word of mouth when I was still in ROTC. It has come to my attention that lots of people read the site, but don't participate. Many of my friends in the squadron do so.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Heard about it via word of mouth when I was still in ROTC. It has come to my attention that lots of people read the site, but don't participate. Many of my friends in the squadron do so.

yeah i know a lot of pilots that dislike this site. But more that got no clue that it exists. After being on here since ROTC in college and through API and primary, while sitting in the Heeds class for advanced helos I heard someone in the front row mention about this "new site called airwarriors, that has all this cool info! you should check it out." I couldnt help but chuckle.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
rare21 said:
yeah i know a lot of pilots that dislike this site.

Some of them dislike it, some think it's silly, some read it religiously but post NOTHING. It's the latter that I think are interesting...

beau

cant remember exactly how I found it...must of been an internet search. I was looking for more info on Flight training and to see what others thought about it. Read the Journals and was hooked asking questions that I wanted the anwsers to. Now come full circle I feel like I owe it to the new guys to gouge them up as well. It is amazing that everywhere I go i see people who are on here....see people on watch all the time just snooping around looking for something interesting to read. Good rep or bad in NavAir community...AW is going to be here a long time.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
It's been so long I cant remeber. I think it's a UF thing! GO GATORS!!!

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:

I think this is unfortunate, hopefully, some will decide to post some stuff and contribute...

luckechance

I heard about the site from some of the guys in my API class. As for not saying much, why should somebody who has more fingers than flight hours open his mouth all the time? (Unless you're a post whore of course)
Don't Know Sh*t Sir!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
luckechance said:
I heard about the site from some of the guys in my API class. As for not saying much, why should somebody who has more fingers than flight hours open his mouth all the time? (Unless you're a post whore of course)
Don't Know Sh*t Sir!

No no no, post-whoring requires credibility, on the board and in an aircraft ;)

But seriously, don't be afraid to post. Just don't post something out of your realm of knowledge.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
And don't post just to comment and see your post count jump...

Edit- just so Fly doesn't cry like a school girl after shes told she is fat and ugly, this comment wasn't directed at him.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
luckechance said:
Don't Know Sh*t Sir!
High School kids like to hear themselves talk too, clearly.

I'm sure that has something to do with people not participating. The fact that an adult or an officer might get involved in an argument with a two-year-old like me over the internet. Lowest common denomenator effect.

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
I heard about the site because my wife went to high school with xxxxx. Her hubby was an original on the site from what I understand.