• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How did you first discover Air Warriors?

How did you first hear of/discover Air Warriors?

• Word of Mouth

Votes: 49 32.0%
  • Internet Search

Votes: 86 56.2%
  • Saw it referenced on another site

Votes: 18 11.8%

• Total voters

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
... some read it religiously but post NOTHING. It's the latter that I think are interesting...

I think alot of people are a little gun-shy of getting the standard response from senior members: "That's been discussed ad-nauseum. Use the search function."

Kind of like the old, "Read your FTI!!" response we would get from Sim instructors in primary.

I agree though. People shouldn't feel afraid to post questions and even responses, as long as it's not bum gouge. There's alot of great information on this site, more people should use it.

larbear

FOSx1000
pilot
There was this kid at school that i didn't really like... he told me to come here to find a place to live in pcola, which I did.

BackOrdered

Contributor
I got fed up with the concept of getting my info from the horse's mouth (my first recruiter) after getting some very bad gouge from him about how things are done in an officer program. I started asking my question on here and usnavyocs.com. Now I'm so well informed I try to offer people the same advice that was pulling teeth for me to get an answer to myself before I learned about this site.

Thank you airwarriors!

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
I was reading in a text about ancient carvings and pictographs. Turns out the translation to modern English was actually an early post by A4S about how things were "back in the day."

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I found AW when looking for some study guides for the ASTB. The rest is history...

tiger84

LT
pilot
I found AW about 4 years ago when I first entertained the thought of applying for an SNA slot. I've since gleaned more useful gouge from this site than I could ever have imagined. I finally decided to post once my application was actually in the pipeline, although it'll likely be awhile before I have anything useful to add to the discussion.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
An applicant mentioned it to me. Thought I should check it out and make sure he was getting good gouge from the site. I determined that he had a pretty good chance at getting good gouge on recruiting and an even better chance of learning about NAVAIR in general. Only thing AW needed at the time was an old cold warrior from the VS community with a little bit of insight on recruiting. So, I shipped over.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
After an initial call to a recruiter an a quick search on Google, I found this site and my future changed for the better. MUCH better! Great site. Great gouge (most of the time) and great people. Thanks for all the help. Still can't believe I am going to (hopefully) be an SNA.:D Hold on. Let me go find my aviator shades...

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
I did a search for Navy Pilot Eyesight standards and got linked via google to a thread introducing me to the horrors of a NAMI-WHAMMY on the first day of OCS.

Further poking around convinced me to register and go talk to a recruiter.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
I typed ASTB into google and Airwarriors was the first thing that popped up.

Yet, I'm amazed because I've talked to people who've done well on the ASTB without ever knowing aout Airwarriors. ???

MasterBates

I was looking for gouge, registered and mostly lurked. Back in 2002-2003.

Stopped coming often in Advanced, then it popped back up on my radar when searching for info on warfare transition. Re-registered, and have been back since early summer 06.