• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How did you first discover Air Warriors?

How did you first hear of/discover Air Warriors?

• Word of Mouth

Votes: 49 32.0%
  • Internet Search

Votes: 86 56.2%
  • Saw it referenced on another site

Votes: 18 11.8%

• Total voters

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Wintersibs recommended this site to me.

Edit: Forgot the requisite smilies :):):)

Why the Hell not?

Raptor2216

I think i've been vising AW for about 6-7 years now...way back when Frumby used to post and I was still just a "kid". Life really does go by fast.

VAmookie

I few years back my OSO says he's heard of this site "airwarriors" that people have told him is a good resource. About 6 months later I tell him that I get some gouge on AW and he says "sh!t, Airwarriors is a recruiting f-ing nightmare." So I thanked him for turning me on to the site and he had not a damn thing to say

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
CORPSviation said:
I few years back my OSO says he's heard of this site "airwarriors" that people have told him is a good resource. About 6 months later I tell him that I get some gouge on AW and he says "sh!t, Airwarriors is a recruiting f-ing nightmare." So I thanked him for turning me on to the site and he had not a damn thing to say
A recruiting nightmare? Hell, I bet most people don't even know who the hell to talk to. They stumble on AW somehow and we tell em they need to talk to their OSO. They say, what's an OSO? We tell em, and before you know it the recruiter has another prospect. Hell, the way I see it, the recruiters should be paying a broker's commission for the services we provide. :D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
A recruiting nightmare? Hell, I bet most people don't even know who the hell to talk to. They stumble on AW somehow and we tell em they need to talk to their OSO. They say, what's an OSO? We tell em, and before you know it the recruiter has another prospect. Hell, the way I see it, the recruiters should be paying a broker's commission for the services we provide. :D
Or at least a generous paypal contribution.

Brett

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
CORPSviation said:
"sh!t, Airwarriors is a recruiting f-ing nightmare."
Yes, I have heard that before, and quite pointedly. Some circles do NOT care for this site.

And, I will leave it at that...

John

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
webmaster said:
Yes, I have heard that before, and quite pointedly. Some circles do NOT care for this site.

John

I'm curious as to why someone would say that? Do they not appreciate the 'no-bs' approach? Or is it something else?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
I'm curious as to why someone would say that? Do they not appreciate the 'no-bs' approach? Or is it something else?
Yes, do tell - via PM if necessary.

Brett

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
webmaster said:
Some circles do NOT care for this site.

John
Guess they're just gonna have to get over it...:icon_smil

BT

If I were a recruiter, I'd place a sign on my window that said "Visit www.Airwarriors.com for more information on becoming a Naval Officer. Do a search and THEN come talk to me."

VAmookie

From what i could tell his reasons for saying so were that AW is, for a lack of a better term, like the Lt. Grapevine at TBS. There's a lot of he said, she said, heresay. For instance someone saying that the API wait is between 3-4 weeks and then someone else saying that its 3-5 months. Regardless, he was a lost one, and thank goodness for AW giving me some solid info.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Google search for me as well. I think I spent a good chunk of the night reading John's journal and getting more and more excited about what I was getting into.