• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Highwater FITREP Burden

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I need to keep my professional career separate from my online presence.

For a few reasons:

1- I don’t want anyone to misconstrue my postings or positions on topics here as posting on behalf of my organization or the Navy for that matter.

2- My position is tied to diplomatic channels and I work extensively with foreign governments and our US department of state so I don’t want any information out regarding my personal information when I travel overseas (I travel extensively). Last thing I need is when I’m in an Embassy is someone asking me my handle on air warriors.

3- I am paranoid about online presence following the Russian Troll farm thing of 2016 and I do a lot of research on .CN sites and foreign gov sites. That’s why I’m always behind a VPN.

I hope these make sense and I’m happy to clarify any of these points.

i have an undergrad in International Relations and a graduate degree in Sociology. I wrote my Masters thesis on the Counter Insurgency doctrine in Afghanistan and Iraq.

My current field of study is quantitative research on security, transnational Crime, and conflicts within countries and how to best address these.

Primarily involves large amount of data collection, scoring it, making it tabular, and then running calculations. And then analysis.
That sounds like very carefully crafted bullshit. Just tell us where you went to college. There is zero risk in revealing your identity with that information. You’re completely anonymous here. Let’s start with undergrad.

nodropinufaka

That sounds like very carefully crafted bullshit. Just tell us where you went to college. There is zero risk in revealing your identity with that information. You’re completely anonymous here. Let’s start with undergrad.
It’s just your standard state D1 4 year. Nothing special.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It’s just your standard state D1 4 year. Nothing special.
I’m still trying to understand why you think stating the college you went to, particularly if it was a run of the mill state school, would somehow reveal your identity. Walk us through that thought process.

nodropinufaka

I’m still trying to understand why you think stating the college you went to, particularly if it was a run of the mill state school, would somehow reveal your identity. Walk us through that thought process.

I dunno. Guess my thought is can never be too careful.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I dunno. Guess my thought is can never be too careful.
Sounds like you’re trying to hide something. I mean, if you got your degree from Phoenix University, just say so. Your reputation around here honestly wouldn’t suffer any more than it already has. BTW, I thought the Intel community prefers STEM degrees. How you swing that with an IR background?

nodropinufaka

Sounds like you’re trying to hide something. I mean, if you got your degree from Phoenix University, just say so. Your reputation around here honestly wouldn’t suffer any more than it already has. BTW, I thought the Intel community prefers STEM degrees. How you swing that with an IR background?
I def didnt go to Phoenix. There’s no way I’d work at a FFRC doing actual research with a Phoenix degree.

I went to a 4 year D1 state school.

I kind of got into intel in a round about way. I had a Med issue and when I went to API after OCS I got medical DQd and dropped from aviation for my issue. Didn’t even make it to week 1 of API. How I got out of OCS and cleared to go to Pensacola is beyond me but that’s basically the gi of it.

I got sent POCR and Intel took me.

A story as old as time.

The joke we use in the IWO community is “what other community did you come from?” I’d say a good amount get booted either for medical like me or grades and then end up with us.

Maybe the community manager gave me a shot cause I had my graduate degree already? Or gave me a leg up cause my prior enlisted background? I dunno. Just grateful they didn’t send me packing and gave me a chance.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I def didnt go to Phoenix. There’s no way I’d work at a FFRC doing actual research with a Phoenix degree.

I went to a 4 year D1 state school.

I kind of got into intel in a round about way. I had a Med issue and when I went to API after OCS I got medical DQd and dropped from aviation for my issue. Didn’t even make it to week 1 of API. How I got out of OCS and cleared to go to Pensacola is beyond me but that’s basically the gi of it.

I got sent POCR and Intel took me.

A story as old as time.

The joke we use in the IWO community is “what other community did you come from?” I’d say a good amount get booted either for medical like me or grades and then end up with us.

Maybe the community manager gave me a shot cause I had my graduate degree already? Or gave me a leg up cause my prior enlisted background? I dunno. Just grateful they didn’t send me packing and gave me a chance.
That’s certainly a lot of information. Curious why you’re so willing to give up all those details, which would be much more likely to break out your identity, if someone wanted to really dig, than simply telling us what college you went to.

nodropinufaka

That’s certainly a lot of information. Curious why you’re so willing to give up all those details, which would be much more likely to break out your identity, if someone wanted to really dig, than simply telling us what college you went to.
Well I guess you’re right. But the people who would have access would be individuals in the navy. Which is fine with me amd why I offered to give you my background in PMs.

im more concerned about foreigners (and their intel services) lurking a US military message board to piece together information which is why I keep my public postings anonymous.

Corpsmanup780

pilot
+1

There are all kinds of cool, interesting things out there not on the One True Way.
Like what? Very interested in "off the golden path" jobs to enjoy my last couple of years in but many of them seem to be hidden in some closet at Millington that the detailer only brings out if you ask about them directly?