• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Highwater FITREP Burden

taxi1

pilot
I hear he never found Minni Driver so he went into the defense business and designed the MOAB.
She was looking for a simpler set of skills

tumblr_pxvwbtGVYN1sehac7o5_r1_400.gifv

VMO4

It's a requirement now, if not on paper then in practice. A long time ago the SELRES used to take a few direct accessions but they had issues with them getting up to speed on the military side of law just in the reserves and it wasn't worth the trouble, especially as they get enough active duty JAG's who transition to the reserves. Source, we had a reserve JAG at my last command.

JAG accessions have always been of interest to me given where I was in 1989. I was in my second year of law school, just out of my enlisted USMC contract and still looking at the options. I went over to the nearest Officer recruiter, at the University fo Alabama, who also shared space with the USMC officer recruiter. I was a decent student, good recs, extra curricular, trial team, moot court, honor law frat, prior service, etc... not a rock star, but I was told I was a strong applicant. That being said the USMC recruiter was all over me, however, honestly, Quantico, then TBS, then back onto the Corps I had just left was not of much interest, that and living in Jacksonville, NC again. The Navy recruiter was very competent and honest as well, but he referred OCS JAG applicants as the "Congressional" program, ,meaning his NRD had told him not to forward OCS JAG applicants unless they had a rec from a member of Congress, there were just very few JAG accessions yearly.

We had a USAF JAG recruiter at my law school on a regular basis, he was very interested in me as well. He said the USAF had such problems getting first tour JAG's to leave CONUS it was killing them. He said if you made it clear to the board that you would accept a non CONUS first tour, your chances of getting picked were very good. Classmate of mine, former enlisted Army guy, Citadel graduate who did not get picked for an Army commission, applied , was accepted and last I heard at graduation was headed for Italy. Later heard he stayed in and did very well. I also had a app in with the FBI, but I pulled out of that, but that is a discussion for another thread. I later looked into a Navy SELRES JAG application and was told they never really needed applicants after the active duty JAGS which transitioned.

Never really considered Army JAG so I know nothing about them, Florida Guard took applicants up to something like 45 years of age, by that time the urge had passed.

nodropinufaka

So is the janitor… at your full fledged university.
even if I was the janitor… what’s wrong with that? Cleaning up and refuse disposal is an honest days work.

lots of people want our janitor jobs. it comes with a strong union backing, excellent benefits, retirement, and tuition for your family covered.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
even if I was the janitor… what’s wrong with that? Cleaning up and refuse disposal is an honest days work.

lots of people want our janitor jobs. it comes with a strong union backing, excellent benefits, retirement, and tuition for your family covered.
As usual, the point sailed right over your head. The janitor is not in academia.

nodropinufaka

As usual, the point sailed right over your head. The janitor is not in academia.
It didn’t sail past me. Your attempt at belittling my position was kind of lame. That’s all.

Why does it bother you so much I hold an academic position that does research?

Is it cause my beliefs don’t align with yours?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
It didn’t sail past me. Your attempt at belittling my position was kind of lame. That’s all.

Why does it bother you so much I hold an academic position that does research?

Is it cause my beliefs don’t align with yours?
For me, it’s your writing, your lack of knowledge of the Carnegie Classification system, and the assumption that working in the equivalence of a Confucius Center is academic research.