• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Highwater FITREP Burden

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It didn’t sail past me. Your attempt at belittling my position was kind of lame. That’s all.

Why does it bother you so much I hold an academic position that does research?

Is it cause my beliefs don’t align with yours?
It doesn’t bother me at all. My parents and brother are all current or retired academics. Based on your posting here, and atrocious use of the English language, you don’t seem to be cut from the same cloth as the academics I grew up with.

Where did you go to grad school? What did you study?

nodropinufaka

For me, it’s your writing, your lack of knowledge of the Carnegie Classification system, and the assumption that working in the equivalence of a Confucius Center is academic research.
Oh? so you know where I work?

No. You don’t.

So let me get this straight- you have no idea where I work. What I do for a living. What my research and publications are in or what my background is but you’re making statements such as that?

nodropinufaka

It doesn’t bother me at all. My parents and brother are all current or retired academics. Based on your posting here, and atrocious use of the English language, you don’t seem to be cut from the same cloth as the academics I grew up with.

Where did you go to grad school? What did you study?
Why would I post my CV on a public message board?

I offered to show you in DMs but you didn’t take me up on it.

I post mostly from my phone or work computer between meetings or when sitting around bored.

I didn’t realize that how I write or speak online means I can’t do my job.

Would you like it if I judged your skills as a pilot based on what you write on here?

Treetop Flyer

pilot

I offered to show you in DMs but you didn’t take me up on it.

I post mostly from my phone or work computer between meetings or when sitting around bored.

I didn’t realize that how I write or speak online means I can’t do my job.

Would you like it if I judged your skills as a pilot based on what you write on here?
He’s not a pilot

robav8r

None
Contributor
I don't know any, self respecting Naval Officer that doesn't have a good grasp of the english language to include proper spelling and grammar usage. It may seem petty to you, but it detracts from your arguments and comments when you "post mostly from your phone or work computer between meetings" like a feverish teenage girl trying to keep up with her like count . . . .

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Oh? so you know where I work?

No. You don’t.

So let me get this straight- you have no idea where I work. What I do for a living. What my research and publications are in or what my background is but you’re making statements such as that?
You would be surprised.

Hail_HYDRA!

One more question...
We won't see eye to eye on this but I'll make it simple. If you are a reservist and say so your rights are firmly and fully protected and I am an ardent believer in that. If you try to hide it and I find out (which I will when I see the OF) I am gong to ask you why you lied. Put on top of that - I have never, ever, in any way seen a military reservist try to hide that fact from a potential fedweral employer. That would be like shooting yourself in the head during the process - why would you do it? What is the possible reason? Moreover, reserve duty can count for veteran status and veteran status makes you climb up the cert.
I’m a DCO and won’t have veteran status until after I believe six years in the reserves, but I’m tracking what you’re saying. I’ve never been asked the specific question you’re referring to in earlier posts. Some folks reservist jobs are so low-key I could see how someone could answer “no” with no intent to be deceitful or deliberate malice in their response. I dunno, I had an Army reservist drone pilot work for me. Enjoyed his stories and was always supportive for that needed Monday off the very few times he asked for it. As a govvie, I wouldn’t sweat it, nor would I go searching for it. In my office nearly everyone is a reservist so it’s really not that big deal.

All that being said, I do look forward to that 5-pt preference!

Mos

None
I don't know any, self respecting Naval Officer that doesn't have a good grasp of the english language to include proper spelling and grammar usage. It may seem petty to you, but it detracts from your arguments and comments when you "post mostly from your phone or work computer between meetings" like a feverish teenage girl trying to keep up with her like count . . . .
There are plenty of spelling and grammar mistakes by winged members of this board on a regular basis. Not sure why you guys are picking this particular hill to fight on.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why wouldn’t you? Is there some risk in doing that which I’m not aware of? Do you have a Linkedin profile?

Here, I’ll go first to show you it’s safe. Undergrad from University of San Diego, Intl Relations. Masters from USNWC. None of that info is private, or would lead people to know my identity, if I were trying to hide it… which I’m not. See? Give it a try. I’m interested in your area(s) of expertise.

nodropinufaka

Why wouldn’t you? Is there some risk in doing that which I’m not aware of? Do you have a Linkedin profile?

Here, I’ll go first to show you it’s safe. Undergrad from University of San Diego, Intl Relations. Masters from USNWC. None of that info is private, or would lead people to know my identity, if I were trying to hide it… which I’m not. See? Give it a try. I’m interested in your area(s) of expertise.

I need to keep my professional career separate from my online presence.

For a few reasons:

1- I don’t want anyone to misconstrue my postings or positions on topics here as posting on behalf of my organization or the Navy for that matter.

2- My position is tied to diplomatic channels and I work extensively with foreign governments and our US department of state so I don’t want any information out regarding my personal information when I travel overseas (I travel extensively). Last thing I need is when I’m in an Embassy is someone asking me my handle on air warriors.

3- I am paranoid about online presence following the Russian Troll farm thing of 2016 and I do a lot of research on .CN sites and foreign gov sites. That’s why I’m always behind a VPN.

I hope these make sense and I’m happy to clarify any of these points.

i have an undergrad in International Relations and a graduate degree in Sociology. I wrote my Masters thesis on the Counter Insurgency doctrine in Afghanistan and Iraq.

My current field of study is quantitative research on security, transnational Crime, and conflicts within countries and how to best address these.

Primarily involves large amount of data collection, scoring it, making it tabular, and then running calculations. And then analysis.