• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Here's proof that life as a SWO is all dependent on your CO...

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Wow, just what the world needs - another "I'm on a Boat" video.

I get it: It's funny, because you're in the Navy, and you live on a boat. No, seriously I'm in stitches!

I've got a great idea: Every boat, winging class, OCS class, ROTC class, etc. should make a video of that song. Why? Because it's funny and original.

The first one is always funny, it's the knockoffs that suffer. Though I haven't seen any "day in the life of a k-bay Marine knockoffs".

I showed this to a buddy of mine (overseas) who hadn't seen the original, and he thought the SNL version was a ripoff of the Navy skit.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Maybe they aren't SWOs and are, in fact, Aviators attached to the helos. Look at the aviator glasses they're wearing. Right? Right?

Too bad the JPJ is a Flight I DDG and, thus, no permanent helo detachment.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
I tried to make out the insignia on his flight suit and concluded I had no idea. If they had wings, though, wouldn't it be on their SDB's?

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Props to them: good editing, nice videography, some gratuitous helo footage...I give it a thumbs up.

Caveat: I will say that "I'm on a Boat" is one of the lamer digital shorts I've seen out of SNL...think I prefer this one.