• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help with understanding PLC application process

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
"Shoe phone brief?" I assume that's about how 02XXs aren't really spies.

That and how if you wanted your job to be putting a boot to the proverbial ass of the bad guys for 20 years you should have enlisted.

torpedo0126

Same thing happened with my platoon. You would have thought the CO singlehandedly crushed the hopes and dreams of every 2nd Lt in the room.

Though there were some guys who seriously thought that they could go fly, then drive tanks and be an intel or grunt type guy... It's amazing where some people get these ideas!

Though there is one guy who is an O-3 going through IOC right now. He was a reserve comm guy who ended up doing the provisional rifle platoon commander gig with both a rifle and weapons plt, so he's going to IOC so he can be a rifle company CO...

they probably got it from that TV show JAG.

He went from being a SEAL to a pilot to a JAG, back to a pilot, and finally, returned to being a JAG.

foster12

Thank you guys for all the input, I really appreciate it. Several of the posts were great eye openers. After giving it more thought and taking your posts into consideration, I agree and will stick with my air contract. Like Birdog8585 said, if I get to TBS and feel the grunt thing is really for me, I can switch. But to switch from ground to air would be difficult. Air is what I initially wanted to do and it is what got me started in this whole process, so I will give it my all, stick with it and see what happens. Thanks again, and I look forward to one day joining some of you out in the fleet.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Thank you guys for all the input, I really appreciate it. Several of the posts were great eye openers. After giving it more thought and taking your posts into consideration, I agree and will stick with my air contract. Like Birdog8585 said, if I get to TBS and feel the grunt thing is really for me, I can switch. But to switch from ground to air would be difficult. Air is what I initially wanted to do and it is what got me started in this whole process, so I will give it my all, stick with it and see what happens. Thanks again, and I look forward to one day joining some of you out in the fleet.

Just be careful. The koolaide will be THICK at OCS and TBS. Marines take a good couple months/year to fully "deprogram" when getting to Pensacola. Marine ground =/= Marine air. I think by advanced most of my Marine friends stopped saying "good to go, yut, devil dog" all the time, and stopped forming a fire-team anytime more than one person had to go take a piss.

Best of luck to you.

Clux4

Banned
Just be careful. The koolaide will be THICK at OCS and TBS. Marines take a good couple months/year to fully "deprogram" when getting to Pensacola. Marine ground =/= Marine air. I think by advanced most of my Marine friends stopped saying "good to go, yut, devil dog" all the time, and stopped forming a fire-team anytime more than one person had to go take a piss.

Best of luck to you.

Would anything be wrong with a fire-team?!:D

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

Best of luck to you.

Not so much as OCS, but at TBS, well, this Koolaide is like Jello. I get speared on peer evals because I openly don't want to be an infantry platoon commander(!). (A air guy on an air contract that doesn't want to be a grunt for a living, the horror! The Shame!)

Don't get me wrong, this stuff is cool and (uh-oh, here it comes) fun, but humping a pack? No thanks. It ain't me. I'm not a FIGMAC guy by any means, I just know what I want to do. And for that I am wrong apparently.

On the other hand TBS is a good place, you will learn a lot if you go the Marine route, you will learn about being a Marine, and how every Marine Officer is trained to be a provisional rifle platoon commander. It's what makes us who we are, among many other things. You will meet your Navy buddies and be disgusted at how "nasty" they are, with their long hair, 3 days growth and their t-shirts and flip-flops. It will happen, even if you said it wouldn't happen to you.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
You will meet your Navy buddies and be disgusted at how "nasty" they are, with their long hair, 3 days growth and their t-shirts and flip-flops.

Just because our haircuts aren't as motivated as theirs doesn't make us nasty.

MasterBates

Swanee, it's now July.

I haven't had a haircut since March.

(that sound, is the collective sound of 1000 Marines' blood pressure going to 11)

MasterBates

I shower daily or more..

There is this magical thing called SOAP.. If you Motards realized it can be used on hair, (or shampoo), you too could have more than 1 weeks worth of hair, and not smell like a Manatee.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I shower daily or more..

There is this magical thing called SOAP.. If you Motards realized it can be used on hair, (or shampoo), you too could have more than 1 weeks worth of hair, and not smell like a Manatee.

Or, you could get a haircut once a week and not worry about those bothersome "showers" or that fad called "soap" and "shampoo".... !