• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help with BOLTC--now known as DIVOLC

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
just because I am anxious to start what I set out to do 4 years ago I don't think deserves "stop complaining" and "go to the beach" remarks. in fact my original inquiry was just if there were other ways to get the BOLTC requirement out of the way. being stashed for 6+ months is quite a period of time.

also, it seems there were some replies that mentioned specifically that getting the requirement out of the way early helps with headaches later on, so "yeah"

Personally, I totally understand being motivated and trying to get as much done as you can. But like ea6bflyer said, you're not the only one in this boat. 6 months isn't actually that long. I had to wait 20 months until I could even report to NASC, so just learn to roll w/ the punches. Consider it training for when you're trying to deploy/launch/PCS down the road and you can't WAIT to get on w/ it (be it deploying/launching/PCSing).

onedge

pilot
a few recommendations: 1. Take a hike. The blackwater Forrest has a lot pretty country as well as Ft. Pickens out on the key. 2. Keep working your stash job or find a better one. There are some neat opportunities out there if you look around (IE the Blues take people routinely).

mastbump

I live vicariously through myself.
pilot
I had to do BOLTC in between my second to last and last flight in advanced. But I only waited for a week for API.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Any of you ever see that cartoon of a big bulldog named Spike and a small terrier named Chester and little Chester just wouldn't STFU?

Spikechester1.jpg

NoWhining.jpg

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I know plenty of fleet guys who are lucky to get 2 days off every 2 weeks, with many 12+hr days of work in between. Enjoy the down time while you have it- once you hit your fleet squadron, you'll miss it.

burningfeathers

Reading the grout jokes
I've never understood why, if BOLTC/DIVOLC is only 5 days, why isn't it part of OCS? Anyone? Anyone? Isn't that what OCS is supposed to be about? Leadership?

That would make sense. I know alot of guys who have minors in leadership and ethics, do they really need to sit in yet another leadership class?...DIVOLTC was a nice five day distraction from A-pool, but I really dont think it was necessary in any form.....well, maybe for SWOs.

burningfeathers

Reading the grout jokes
Did you already start or complete IFS yet?

You should'nt class up for DIVOLTC till you're IFS complete.

But then agian I validated out of IFS, completed DIVOLTC two weeks ago and found myself on the IFS class up list again today....so only god knows.

zoomie08

Fast, Neat, Average...
So, should I be worried that dudes who arrived after me are in BOLTC (or whatever the new name is) and I am still sitting around?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
"Someone I know" has to give a short presentation to his BOLTC (technically DIVOLTC) class tomorrow. Topic is "Detailers/good deals". By good deals, it was intimated to me that the instructor meant "good deal tours for pilots", not necessarily career-enhancing, just enjoyable tours.

I've been working Google, but thought maybe someone here might have some input. . .

And, yes, the quote from MB's signature is already in my. . .I mean his presentation.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
I don't understand these waits. We had a guy from my NROTC unit go down like 3 weeks ago and he is now starting IFS. Then I read stuff like people have been there for months and are still waiting for BOLTC/DIVOLTC/whatever the hell it's called.

**And he's an SNA, not SNFO, if that means anything.