• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help with BOLTC--now known as DIVOLC

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You all are WAY overthinking all of this. You will get the training when you get it, until then please drink yourselves into a stupor and sleep all day.

red_ryder

None
You all are WAY overthinking all of this. You will get the training when you get it, until then please drink yourselves into a stupor and sleep all day.
+1. He's totally right. You'll regret not making good use of your free vacation days when you get into API and Primary.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Well there have been a lot of long weekends, and hurricane *weeks* off during my time in primary. Not saying it isn't hard work or a lot of studying, but I can understand where those of you in A-pool/etc are coming from when you say you want to get going. I stuck with it (getting started), and was pulling chocks for Corpus 9 weeks after I checked into P'cola, and have certainly not regretted it. I think enjoyment of A-pool must be inversely proportional to how much partying you did in college. I for one found the pool to be highly over-rated.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
+1. He's totally right. You'll regret not making good use of your free vacation days when you get into API and Primary.
Nah, I'm all for plenty of free time. I don't totally understand why some people would not want to take advantage of the extended time off. But then again, what do I know? I talked to some people and they were saying things like, "Dude, you don't even know how boring it is to not have anything to do. I just want to start already."

But what makes me curious is how long of a wait I should expect, so I can have an idea how much free time I get to blow on the beach and at the golf course. Not that it exactly matters to know this info now.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Nah, I'm all for plenty of free time. I don't totally understand why some people would not want to take advantage of the extended time off. But then again, what do I know? I talked to some people and they were saying things like, "Dude, you don't even know how boring it is to not have anything to do. I just want to start already."

But what makes me curious is how long of a wait I should expect, so I can have an idea how much free time I get to blow on the beach and at the golf course. Not that it exactly matters to know this info now.

those people are no talent ass clowns who haven't learned to fish, surf, or drink beer yet. I waited a month and a half for IFS, but that was last year. Friends are waiting anywhere from a month to three right now.

torpedo0126

talent-less clowns who can't drink?...right

anyways, for the ten people who sent me PMs asking me more how this has played out:

I called Norfolk and instantly got a quota slot for DIVOLC at Damneck. The problem is the LT here won't cut PTAD orders to go take it because he said it won't make any impact on when you start API since API slots are given based on time on board. I have a few questions on that line of thinking, but I won't go into that.

Anyways, again, everything here seems so random. A few previous posts mentioned things about waiting forever for IFS. I checked in last week and I classed up for IFS today.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
BOLTC was the MOST worthless class I ever had while in the uniformed service, (that includes my stint in the cub scouts).

VulcanRider

pilot
Simply put...don't waste your time/leave taking boltc somewhere else. Like you said they somehow base your API class up date on the time that you have spent there, along with how many NFOs or SNAs they need. Taking it somewhere else is not going to make a difference to them. All you'll end up doing is sitting around with nothing to do waiting for that magic "weeks on board" number to come up.
I classed up for IFS within 6 days of reporting, while my room mate waited a couple weeks. It is all random, no reason to try and control that which you can not. Just try to find something enjoyable to pass the time. You'll be flying soon enough.