• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help on Selection Choices

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
That's the worst joke I've heard all day. There is no reason I should have to ask the pilot's permission to start a checklist.

Me: "I'm getting weather onthe back radio. Can you cover the front?"
Pilot: Don't get it yet.
Me: Why not? We're about 90 NM from the field.
Pilot: 92 to be exact. Weather and descent checks start inside of 90.
Me. Right-o

AF homo-ness.

Aside from all the technicalities and Air Forceness of it all, the T-1 itself as an aircraft seems pretty cool to fly.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Aside from all the technicalities and Air Forceness of it all, the T-1 itself as an aircraft seems pretty cool to fly.

It's a great aircraft. That being said, the AF attempts to deplete any fun value that could be had. It does feel pretty weird doing formation low levels in a business jet, though.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None

Its good for what it is... a business jet. Comfortable jet to take x-country, though I prefer the T-39 (the one without the radar... faster, higher, longer legs)

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Having zero experience in either........
...I changed my mind about commenting.

skotc9

Meridian had two P3 guys that I knew about. T-Roy and the other one is escaping me right now. Vance isn't that bad, and OKC is a lot of fun.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Its good for what it is... a business jet. Comfortable jet to take x-country, though I prefer the T-39 (the one without the radar... faster, higher, longer legs)

What he said.

Doing a break at 30 AOB is just sad.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ahem. That's not a break. That's a turn to downwind. Anyone who uses "20 degrees AOB" and "Break" in the same sentence should be Rochambeaued.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Ahem. That's not a break. That's a turn to downwind. Anyone who uses "20 degrees AOB" and "Break" in the same sentence should be Rochambeaued.

Its freaking pointless. We may as well have been flying the standard VFR box pattern in the T-1. Sure as hell felt like it. But alas, we "broke" b/c that was the published pattern.