• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

helos

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
Since I'm your new favorite person, I won't risk losing my status to point out that you've spelled my name wrong. ;) At least you credited your source, though. If Senator Obama has taught us anything, maybe it is that.

Ah! Well, this wrong has been righted... now I just owe you a sixpack, too...

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Too late. I have taken it.

Also, Why is it when my jet-buddies come to town, they want to hang out in a big sausage-swinging pack... and when I try and break a few of them off to meet some ladies, they refuse? Oh well.... more for me then.

Purdue,

You are very observant. When I was rushing a Viper SQ in Nellis they were all about the sausage-fest and the sanctity of man-space-warrior-lodge thing. They were actually upset about women being able to come in with their hard-hot bodies, short skirts, nice smelling perfumed bodies and sully the O-Club. I'm NOT kidding. They'd prefer to sit around smoking stogies and drinking man-to-man. To me, there is plenty of time for that in the desert, and when I was floating in the CARGRU back in the day.

I was, however, able to successfully break up flight integrity and form a 3-plane element to head downtown with some girls they met. Leave it to a former helo guy to show them the light.

FWIW. My wife stated very shortly after I made the transition to USAF the following, "There is not ONE man in any of these Air Force squadrons that is good looking!" She went on to say that there were at least four or five good looking guys in my nugget HSL squadron. Hmmmmm ...maybe I need to revisit her activities while I was on DET?:confused:

annie8080

certified college nerd
whoa, my first exposure to helos vs. jets! so is it really hardcore, or just superficial? do helos aviators get less respect? You'd think they would get mad respect for supporting our ground troops the way they do! just a thought. i think helos are wicked! I would much rather fly a helicopter than get stuck in something like the hercules... personal preference here... im actually considering NFO...so can I still wear aviators like Goose if im in a choppa???

snake020

Contributor
Maybe it's a chick thing, because most of the females I've talked to passing through A-pool have expressed a pref towards helos.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I tell ya what though, back when I selected in March of 95, for a few weeks, there were no helo slots....none, zero, zilch. The majority of guys selected jets or P-3's with a few bastards going E2/C2 :eek: or E-6's. This is on the Navy side of course.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I tell ya what though, back when I selected in March of 95, for a few weeks, there were no helo slots....none, zero, zilch. The majority of guys selected jets or P-3's with a few bastards going E2/C2 :eek: or E-6's. This is on the Navy side of course.

And when I selected props were by far the hardest to get. Figuring out that what is available will be out of your control is a nice healthy step on the road to inner peace in your time as a cone.

phrogpilot73

whoa, my first exposure to helos vs. jets! so is it really hardcore, or just superficial? do helos aviators get less respect? You'd think they would get mad respect for supporting our ground troops the way they do! just a thought. i think helos are wicked! I would much rather fly a helicopter than get stuck in something like the hercules... personal preference here... im actually considering NFO...so can I still wear aviators like Goose if im in a choppa???
It's hardcore, and it's superficial. Does that make sense? While we bust each other's chops quite regularly, we have a mutual respect for each other. You will find that if there's only 46 and 53 guys in the room, then it's Phrogs vs. Shitters. Enter a Cobra guy, and it's skids vs. assault support. Jet guy enters, and it's jets vs. helos. Navy guy enters, game on... Navy vs. Marine Corps. Air Force/Army enters and it's the Blue/Green team versus the homos...

In the end, you will love what you fly. As for NFO - they don't go in helos at all, and if you really want helos - Never, ever refer to them as choppers.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Reminds me of the Navy/MC/Army/AF Helicopter joke:

Q: What does the Army call their Helicopters?
A: Choppers

Q: What does the Navy call their Helicopters?
A: Helos

Q: What does the Air Force call their Helicopters?
A: Whirly Birds

Q: What does the Marine Corps call their Helicopters?
A: They point and grunt!

-ea6bflyr ;)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
whoa, my first exposure to helos vs. jets! so is it really hardcore, or just superficial? do helos aviators get less respect? You'd think they would get mad respect for supporting our ground troops the way they do! just a thought.

For the Navy side, generally, the helo guys aren't "supporting the ground troops" like the Marines do. There's exceptions, but in the interest of full disclosure, very few Navy helo squadrons are directly in the flight...instead they're in a support role of ass & trash or medivac.

The "respect" tends to come from the jet guys when it's the helo guys that are pulling them up out of the water after a bad day. Fortunately for them, that doesn't happen very often.

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
Maybe it's a chick thing, because most of the females....expressed a pref towards helos.

Agreed. "Choppers" ...kinda a chick thing.....yeah.

That being said....I think I heard of one female Harrier pilot...she didn't last too long in the rag...and lat transferred...or so I heard.

No offense Killerphrog...you're my boy.