• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helos or Jets

Here's my input. Attempt to select what you deserve. If you have the grades for jets, selects jets(because it realy is the elite of primary that get jets right now)...if you dont, select helo's (cause helo's are awesome). Either way, with some quick reading on this website, be happy with what you get.

waldo20

concur......... try to get opinions from guys who have experience in each aircraft, there is always alot of bashing by pilots from other t/m/s who dont know anything about the other guys aircraft

Immy

How many helos are there in the fleet?

Out of all fixed wing aircraft, there has to be more jets than props I would imagine, even I'd say more fighters than any other type of fixed-wing plane...unless I'm totally off the mark...

flyerstud4

How many helos are there in the fleet?

Out of all fixed wing aircraft, there has to be more jets than props I would imagine, even I'd say more fighters than any other type of fixed-wing plane...unless I'm totally off the mark...

Naval Aviation magazine just had an article about the first year for HT-28. The first paragraph of the article talks about the growing demand for helos and that currently 2/3 of Naval aviators are helo bubbas. Dont forget the Navy also flies the P-3 and the E-6. Not so many E-6 guys out there to my understanding, but i feel like the vast majority of primary navy instructors are P-3 bubbas. So in fact there are alot of P-3ers out there.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't suck, put down what you want come selection time, suck it up, enjoy what you fly. Questions?

Immy

Maybe I'm missing something...forgive my stupidity but wiki puts total USN F/A-18s A-F at around 640 total....which happens to be more than all the helicopters in the USN according to wiki....

So, what am I missing?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Naval Aviation magazine just had an article about the first year for HT-28. The first paragraph of the article talks about the growing demand for helos and that currently 2/3 of Naval aviators are helo bubbas. Dont forget the Navy also flies the P-3 and the E-6. Not so many E-6 guys out there to my understanding, but i feel like the vast majority of primary navy instructors are P-3 bubbas. So in fact there are alot of P-3ers out there.

Maybe, maybe not. Keep in mind that Jet/E2C2 guys are taken to go instruct in Meridian/Krock (for the most part) while helo guys are obviously required for the HTs, so that P-3 guys are the majority of the IPs in primary, probably because they are the majority of the IPs who are left over to instruct in the T-34 (and multi engine, of course, but AF pilots instruct in those airframes as well and that's only 2 squadrons).

phrogpilot73

Maybe I'm missing something...forgive my stupidity but wiki puts total USN F/A-18s A-F at around 640 total....which happens to be more than all the helicopters in the USN according to wiki....

So, what am I missing?
The fact that helos have 2 pilots. F/A-18's have one pilot.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Maybe, maybe not. Keep in mind that Jet/E2C2 guys are taken to go instruct in Meridian/Krock (for the most part) while helo guys are required to teach in the HTs, so that P-3 guys are the majority of the IPs in primary

Huh. Learned something today. I guess all those guys I had instruct me in primary who were "helo" drivers were liars about their platform. Sneaky bastards.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Huh. Learned something today. I guess all those guys I had instruct me in primary who were "helo" drivers were liars about their platform. Sneaky bastards.

Ah. I just read my post again. I edited it. What I meant was that HTs require helo bubbas, so obviously ONLY helo bubbas instruct in HTs.