• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gwot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
TransvestFO said:
Right, my fault. I know it is hard to get any good info when you are in the pipeline. I didn't mean anything by it. I also know (having been through NFO and Pilot training and having instructed) that most of these guys (I am assuming studs because I really hope fleet guys aren't using this as an administrative resource) would probably be better served studying. I hope you get my point here. Their instructor is not likely to ask them about the GWOTEM, he/she will ask them the procedure for level speed change, engine failure, hot start, what's this V on the approach plate, etc, etc, etc. until their little noses bleed. That's all I meant by "eye on the ball". But I know they are curious little buggers, so be it. If you are a fleet guy and you are confused about the Navy's GWOT message (not entirely unlikely), I recommend you ask you Admin Officer. That's why he/she gets paid the big bucks.

dont worry..we all know of time management or we wouldnt be here.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TransvestFO said:
because I really hope fleet guys aren't using this as an administrative resource...If you are a fleet guy and you are confused about the Navy's GWOT message (not entirely unlikely), I recommend you ask you Admin Officer..

Oh you'd be suprised how much I rely on gouge in private messages from folks on here, seeing as how I have little admin support...I may be the southernmost Naval Aviator in the western hemisphere.

and that gets me...a non-observed FITREP...thanks for playing...at least I have a fat apartment...

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From the way I read this NAVADMIN for the GWOTSM:

B. SERVICE MEMBERS MUST BE ASSIGNED, ATTACHED OR MOBILIZED TO A UNIT PARTICIPATING IN OR SERVING IN SUPPORT OF DESIGNATED OPERATIONS FOR 30 CONSECUTIVE DAYS OR 60 NONCONSECUTIVE DAYS OR MEET ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
(1) BE ENGAGED IN ACTUAL COMBAT REGARDLESS OF TIME IN THE
OPERATION.
(2) WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THE OPERATION, REGARDLESS OF
TIME, BE KILLED, WOUNDED OR INJURED REQUIRING MEDICAL EVACUATION.
3. SPECIFIED OPERATIONS. INITIAL APPROVED OPERATIONS ARE AIRPORT
SECURITY (27 SEP 01 THROUGH 31 MAY 02), NOBLE EAGLE, ENDURING
FREEDOM AND IRAQI FREEDOM. FUTURE APPROVED OPERATIONS WILL BE
ANNOUNCED VIA NAVADMIN AND WILL POSTED ON THE NAVY AWARDS WEBSITE AT
HTTPS://AWARDS.NAVY.MIL.

Is that you must be INVOLVED with the operation. You must realize that ROTC instructors volunteer for 6 month TADs to Bagdhad and the region, etc.....they deserve the medal. I just finished my tour as an Instructor and there is no way I feel justified wearing a medal I do not deserve. And sometimes XO's are NOT on the right train track. Your best bet may be to contact PERS. My 2 cents!
ea6bflyr

Status
Not open for further replies.