• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Guns and "Young" Ensigns

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
I hate that we don't have negative rep any more, but yes, you're whining, it's obnoxious, get over mustering. We had 0700 musters every day in A-pool when I showed up before the bird shootings (that happened in my 4th week of API). Enjoy getting paid to do that, even if you have a BS stash job, while you can. In fact, I think it goes for anyone at every point in the Navy, if you have an opportunity to not be at work, take it. You will have more opportunities than you could ever imagine to be at work longer than you ever wanted.

I see gold oak leaves in your future...

Seriously though, we're not just talking mustering. There was a run on ensign bars at the nex because people were afraid of getting a pink sheet at the weekly "inspections" for having scuffed ones, which were in obvious response to that event. Having to show up for work an hour a day is a great deal, but having to show up 2 days a week and not have to stand some dog and pony show inspection is even better, which is how it was before those ass clowns pulled that stunt. Sugarcoat it however you want, but the whole mood in a-pool changed when that happened and everyone else got punished for it, even if looking back it doesn't seem that bad compared to what we have now schedule wise.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
I hate that we don't have negative rep any more, but yes, you're whining, it's obnoxious, get over mustering. We had 0700 musters every day in A-pool when I showed up before the bird shootings (that happened in my 4th week of API). Enjoy getting paid to do that, even if you have a BS stash job, while you can. In fact, I think it goes for anyone at every point in the Navy, if you have an opportunity to not be at work, take it. You will have more opportunities than you could ever imagine to be at work longer than you ever wanted.

Well, I guess we got fed propaganda. They told us that the reason we had to do physical muster was because of that incident. They said that they did a phone-in muster reporting they were in town, then got arrested out of town for hunting. Because of that, they wanted visual accountability of everyone. And no, I will not stop whining about driving in to muster. We didn't have to do it for primary pool and guess what...Naval Officers somehow figured out how to act like responsible adults. According to you, those guys were on a physical muster and still managed to get in trouble so what's the point. As an E-6 I didn't have to drive to work to muster on days off (we did 3/4 shift work), we just knew to not get in trouble. The way I see it, The dirtbags are going to get in trouble regardless if they physically muster or do a phone-in muster. Was it really that big of a deal to drive in at 0700...no, I was more making a joke about not being able to get sloshed every night of the week, but then I got on a rant...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
.....And no, I will not stop whining about driving in to muster. We didn't have to do it for primary pool and guess what.....Naval Officers somehow figured out how to act like responsible adults.......then I got on a rant...

Some things are better left said only on your internal monologue and not for public consumption, especially when you do it on a board full of professional Naval officers.

Now STFU and walk it off!

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Some things are better left said only on your internal monologue and not for public consumption, especially when you do it on a board full of professional Naval officers.

Now STFU and walk it off!
Roger that sir, didn't mean to offend; just adjusting to being at the bottom of the totem pole...again (although a way better totem pole). It's just weird to go from leading people and QA'ing an aircraft safe for flight to being handheld and given no responsibility. I understand why they do it, I just wish they didn't have to. Don't get me wrong, they can treat me however they want and I still wouldn't trade this opportunity for anything in the world!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Roger that sir, didn't mean to offend; just adjusting to being at the bottom of the totem pole...again (although a way better totem pole). It's just weird to go from leading people and QA'ing an aircraft safe for flight to being handheld and given no responsibility. I understand why they do it, I just wish they didn't have to. Don't get me wrong, they can treat me however they want and I still wouldn't trade this opportunity for anything in the world!

It won't be the last time you are treated like that so keep that last part in mind. And yes, it is worth it.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It won't be the last time you are treated like that so keep that last part in mind. And yes, it is worth it.

It's a lot like high school and college. You finally get to the point of being someone (Junior/Senior year) and then you move on and start over again. It will probably happen every PCS, too.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Am I being a big whiner...yes, but these ass-clowns made me limit my drinking every week night so I could still drive to muster and not get a DUI!

A statement like this, whether true or in jest, has no place on a public website. Also, whining about having to make a muster, then having the rest of the day off, is rather lame. If I was a senior Officer in your chain & saw this on the net, I'd ensure you spent the rest of each working day supervising working parties, or some such 'make work'. Might have averted a potential DUI (and saved a career)!

BTW, no one on AW is totally anonymous.;)
BzB

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
A statement like this, whether true or in jest, has no place on a public website. Also, whining about having to make a muster, then having the rest of the day off, is rather lame. If I was a senior Officer in your chain & saw this on the net, I'd ensure you spent the rest of each working day supervising working parties, or some such 'make work'. Might have averted a potential DUI (and saved a career)!

BTW, no one on AW is totally anonymous.;)
BzB

I guess my sarcasm is not as easily detectable as I thought. I certainly don't drink every night of the week, my wife and two year old would not appreciate that. Like I said in an earlier post, it's not the driving in that bothers me, it's just getting used to being babysat again. I guess the tone of the post got lost in translation to the internet.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess my sarcasm is not as easily detectable as I thought. I certainly don't drink every night of the week, my wife and two year old would not appreciate that. Like I said in an earlier post, it's not the driving in that bothers me, it's just getting used to being babysat again. I guess the tone of the post got lost in translation to the internet.

Understood, just hope you know that as a JO in aviation, you're going to have to get used to being the new guy again. I can't relate as I did NROTC out of high school, but I know at least in my squadron we've had some guys struggle to integrate in the wardroom as they were shit hot as enlisted dudes, some even as P-3 aircrewmen, only to see that no one in the wardroom cares about their prior experiences; we only want to see them rock out as 3Ps/Navs.

MasterBates

It was not just the guns. It was the car registration, taxes, insurance rates, general state poking into my personal life more than I cared to deal with after 12 years AD.

Homebrew/Craftbrew in abundance would be nice. Not a ton here, but some.
The weather is arguably better.
Your daughter's friend still wouldn't talk to me even if I lived there. I did bring my own woman to Wyoming. Local talent pool tends to be Mormon if they look like the girl you posted.

I've had a firm in CA try to hire me away from current job. So far they have not made the $$$ high enough to offset the taxes, cost of living and other financial effects of moving there.