• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Guns and "Young" Ensigns

sodajones

Combat Engineer
The talent in SD is rediculous. If one of those came with a British accent I'd put a ring on it and make her read out of a phone book everyday.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'd have to sell or keep about half my guns out of state.

Unless half your guns are a few very specific AR/AK make/model or NFA items (and they may be), you may be exagerating a little bit.

And 90% of my magazines.

You'd be surprised how many people run around with >10 round mags. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more >10 round mags in the state now than before the ban because everyone seems to "need" to "rebuild" their "old" magazines.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
NFA and some specific models.

Gotcha. It will be interesting to see what happens today or tomorrow with yet another law being voted on regarding assault rifles (lower case). Either no one will ever be able to own an AR/AK again....or it will be much ado about nothing.

Sooo, we got that, I guess.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yawsa! Be glad to take that lever gun off your hands if you ever want to sell it ......caliber?
Sorry, not for sale. Goes to my son when I'm gone. (30-30 Winchester)

Actually, I am going to fire it on the range later this week.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Sorry, not for sale. Goes to my son when I'm gone. (30-30 Winchester)

Actually, I am going to fire it on the range later this week.

Nice! I'm going to by a lever action soon. Hopefully an older Winchester or pre-safety Marlin. Either that or a Uberti.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Daughter's friends that look like that are dangerous.

Also, mind the gap.

KCCO!

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
NMCI blocking The Chive has made reaching the end of the internets a much quicker proposition while on SDO. Fortunately you can still reach the Berry.

OscarMyers

None
Nice! I'm going to by a lever action soon. Hopefully an older Winchester or pre-safety Marlin. Either that or a Uberti.

Dont count out the Henrys, I have one in .22 with the brass receiver. They have some beautiful rifles along with a little stubby concoction called the mares legs.

JNavMyers

This may be a question that has already been asked, but I haven't been able to find a thread on it. As a NA are you allowed to carry a service firearm on deployments depending on the line of work you're in? If so, is this something you are issued or something you cover yourself?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
If you need a weapon for your duties, the Navy will issue it to you. You cannot bring your personal firearms onto a military installation.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Generally, if you're doing operational flying in a combat zone (Afghanistan, Iraq, etc), you will have an issue 9mm that is holstered into your flight gear. You will check it out right before you go fly and turn it in right after you land. As stated above, personal firearms are not allowed.