• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gun Laws in your state

Bevo16

pilot
It's a fine article.

I was at a local gun shop the day after the election and I picked up a nice deer rifle. The place was totally packed. They had sold more than 25 guns that day, it was not yet noon, and the city where the store was located does not even have 2,500 people.

There is some (OK, a lot of) panic buying, but I think that some people are looking at putting some meat in the fridge that does not cost 5$ per pound. I have geese in my back yard and Grandma's goose stew recipe in the pantry. If I can save $100 per month on my grocery bill by hunting, then that's more for hookers and blow.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I didn't make it out myself, but the big DC area gunshow out at the Dulles expo center in Chantilly evidently had record crowds last weekend.

GroundPounder

Try finding anything related to an AR 15. Panic buying is in full swing, I participated by buying a DPMS lower on Friday. The rumor is that dealer prices on a complete lower will be in the neighborhood of $300.00 in my neck of the woods when they are able to be resupplied.

I've already got a Colt and S @ W in 5.56, anyone have a suggestion for this one? I'm looking to set it up with decent optics, and want to retain iron sights at the same time. When I was in the Army the only place you ever saw an AR with optics was in the movies, and my department now won't allow them so I don't have any first hand expereince with whats out there.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I went out to try and buy up some 5.56 or .223. Panic is in full swing - it's slim pickin' for sure. Am I being stubborn if I don't want a bunch of Wolf or another Russian type equivalent? Everything else is on back order until who knows when, and having something is better than nothing ... I remember a while back Squeeze mentioned that Wolf isn't as dirty as it used to be, maybe I should buy it up while I can. What do the speculators out there think?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...What do the speculators out there think?
I personally don't "like" Wolf in anything other than AK's and assorted variants. "Not as dirty" isn't sayin' much when it comes to "dirty" ammo. But Commie guns always seem to eat Commie ammo w/out problems ... dance w/ the one that 'brung ya ... ???

I stopped "speculating" about ammo & firearms after the last panic-driven buying go-'round ... a.k.a. 1994 ... and since, when I buy ammo, I always buy "quantity" and try to buy "quality" as well ... same for the things that go "bang".

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Good article.

But I thought I was told that the Dems would never try this again...

Oh wait, it's in the Democratic National Platform:
We can work together to enact and enforce common-sense laws and improvements – like closing the gun show loophole, improving our background check system, and reinstating the assault weapons ban, so that guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists or criminals.

What about the AWB was common sense? And how did it prevent guns from falling into the hands of terrorists or criminals?

If they succeed in passing it, how easy is it to repeal it 2/4/6/8 years later?

Redux

I went to the local Gander Mtn. today just to look around. Overpriced as usual but they had a rough 1897 (1902 vintage) Winchester for $250.00 and a fairly nice Model 50 for the same price (1956 vintage). I passed on both, need to sell something before I buy another that I don't need with the exception of a Garand. I should just send the 6 or 7 hundred to CMP but I'm still hoping to pick one up local to avoid any paperwork.

Zissou

Banned
Flash should be here soon, he can smell threads like this.

A4's is dead on.. Commie guns eat commie ammo with boring reliability. Put it in an AR? You will be practicing your EP's all day long.

President Elect Obama has in fact sold more guns than Bill Clinton. Thats no small feat.

I wouldnt purchase a firearm until mid January. The firearm restrictions will come in the form of tax stamps. Nothing will be banned it will just be unattainable for anyone but rappers and New York lawyers.

JOIN THE NRA, please.

If you are a service member its free. Let your opinion be heard on the Hill.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
The firearm restrictions will come in the form of tax stamps. Nothing will be banned it will just be unattainable for anyone but rappers and New York lawyers.

Our government is no different than the one we revolted from over 230 years ago.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Our government is no different than the one we revolted from over 230 years ago.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Alright there, Tiger...

so your advocating revolt against the Gov't??? You'd better think before you post.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Here's a somewhat interesting article from Frank Brownell -- yes, THAT Brownell ... it's offered from an "insiders" viewpoint ... FYI and for discussion :):

Frank Talk about Guns

^ k smittay (or whatever) gave me negative rep for this post ... ???

WTF, OVER ???

Something offered for "discussion"? I could care less about the "rep" from him ... but ... at the risk of repeating myself: WTF, OVER ???

From Brownell's ...??? Arguably one of the more "reasonable" pro-gun proponent voices out there ... ??? Soooooo ... we can't "discuss" things anymore ... ???

AirWarriors would be out of business in a day, were that the case ...

His comment was:
"Dissaponting (sic) that such an educated patiot (sic) as yourself buys into this garbage. Sorry."

Well, I'm "sorry" as well, sooooooooooo ... I returned the compliment, just so he'd know I care about his professional development.

Love is never having to say you're sorry ...

Fuckin ' un-believable.

AvroT

What about the AWB was common sense? And how did it prevent guns from falling into the hands of terrorists or criminals?

If they succeed in passing it, how easy is it to repeal it 2/4/6/8 years later?

My suspicion is that the most tenable proposals will include sunset provisions, as they have in the past. Repealing a gun-control law in a short number of years would seem unlikely to me, as the dissenting party might prefer waiting out the sunset than revisiting the issue.

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
My suspicion is that the most tenable proposals will include sunset provisions, as they have in the past. Repealing a gun-control law in a short number of years would seem unlikely to me, as the dissenting party might prefer waiting out the sunset than revisiting the issue.
The article that A4s posted says there might not be a sunset clause this time.
Word from those in the know is that the Assault Weapons Ban will come back for a vote - hi-cap mags for rifles and handguns are just the tip of that mess - however, this time there won't be a sunset clause.