• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gun Laws in your state

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
For those of you who owned "assault weapons" prior to the 1994 Bill:

What actually "happened" to you when the bill was passed? Obviously you already legally owned the weapons that made the list, but could you still go out and use them?

I suppose the real question I'm getting at is what does the AWB actually entail, besides not being able to buy a weapon listed.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
'Assault Weapons' manufactured and in the supply chain before the 1994 AWB went into effect were grandfathered in. During the ban listings for AR-15s would specify 'pre-ban', same with magazines etc.

navy09

None
'Assault Weapons' manufactured and in the supply chain before the 1994 AWB went into effect were grandfathered in. During the ban listings for AR-15s would specify 'pre-ban', same with magazines etc.

So are you always required to have paperwork (receipt/proof of sale/registration papers) on you when you leave the house with the gun?

statesman

pilot
So are you always required to have paperwork (receipt/proof of sale/registration papers) on you when you leave the house with the gun?

No, valid serial number would suffice. Remember you could buy AR-15s during the ban. They just didn't have a flash suppressor or bayonet lug. Functionally they were exactly the same weapon.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
:banghead_ <---this is all i want to do when i read about anything congress does or is thinking of doing.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any real proof of the existence of such a list? Sounds like nothing but fear-mongering to me......

statesman

pilot
Any real proof of the existence of such a list? Sounds like nothing but fear-mongering to me......

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.1022:

EDIT: Just looked through some more information on this bill. 36 days after it was dropped it was held in committee and never had any other action taken on it. It was never sent to the Floor for a vote. Translation: thats good news for 2nd supporters.

navy09

None

No kidding. Between gun and ammo manufacturers, distributors, and retailers, there are plenty of people who stand to (continue to) make a ton of $$$ as long as everyone believes Obama is going to send the SS door to door collecting all firearms on day 1. Makes you wonder how much of this is simply hype and propaganda.

statesman

pilot
Hey college boy... 33 minutes ago I posted a direct link to the proposed list.

Not saying that it WILL pass, but the list exists.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.1022:

EDIT: Just looked through some more information on this bill. 36 days after it was dropped it was held in committee and never had any other action taken on it. It was never sent to the Floor for a vote. Translation: thats good news for 2nd supporters.

Just because a member of Congress submits a bill doesn't mean that it is a proposal from the party, especially when the Congresswoman is not a member of leadership and her raison d'etre is gun control. And it didn't get anywhere in the Democratic-controlled House.

Details........

statesman

pilot
...and I mentioned just that. You originally asked if a list existed, I provided you proof that the list the OP referred to did in fact exist.

HR1022 has been dropped in several forms several times since the '94 ban sunset. HR1022 itself has no major cosponsors, aside from maybe Abercrombie (who I wouldn't even consider a major player)

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor

If fear-mongering ever turns into law you can always buy one of my nasty black rifles at what ever the going rate happens to be at the time. ;-)

I don't need all of those pistol grips, bayonet lugs, flash suppressors and high capacity magazines around me anyway. I'm told they may make me more likely to shoot up a school or something. (well maybe I'll need to keep the Flash suppressors around :D)

navy09

None
Hey college boy... 33 minutes ago I posted a direct link to the proposed list.

Not saying that it WILL pass, but the list exists.

Take a breath...

As you and Flash both pointed out, nothing has come of that bill. Chances are, it's going to be some time before an AWB goes into effect. Point of my post was that it's in many people's best interest to convince people that's not the case.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
President Elect Obama is perhaps the greatest gun salesman in the history of the United States. Bless his soul.