• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gun Laws in your state

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Would a Obama-appointed representative to the UN say this in response to a global, UN sponsored gun-ban?

"The U.S. Constitution guarantees the rights of our citizens to keep and bear arms, and there will be no infringement of those rights. The United States will not agree to any provisions restricting civilian possession, use or legal trade of firearms inconsistent with our laws and practices. Many millions of American citizens enjoy hunting and the full range of firearm sports, and our work will not affect their rights and opportunities. As an officer of the executive branch of my government, I took an oath to protect the Constitution – a duty that is an honor to uphold."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=50983

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
The case of the New Orleans Police after Hurricane Katrina is a unique one, and one that only happened at a time when there was a complete breakdown in civil order and the police were not even following the law. What happened hasn't exactly become SOP since then.

All it seems like now is that you are trying to scare people because you think 'your guy' might lose.

Isn't this the absolutely BEST time to own your own firearm? Or, conversely, the worst time for the government to be denying you the right to protect yourself with one?

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Would a Obama-appointed representative to the UN say this in response to a global, UN sponsored gun-ban?

"The U.S. Constitution guarantees the rights of our citizens to keep and bear arms, and there will be no infringement of those rights. The United States will not agree to any provisions restricting civilian possession, use or legal trade of firearms inconsistent with our laws and practices. Many millions of American citizens enjoy hunting and the full range of firearm sports, and our work will not affect their rights and opportunities. As an officer of the executive branch of my government, I took an oath to protect the Constitution – a duty that is an honor to uphold."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=50983

No,
In fact the said rep would probably introduce the resolution.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Isn't this the absolutely BEST time to own your own firearm? Or, conversely, the worst time for the government to be denying you the right to protect yourself with one?

Don't confuse people w/ facts. You gotta remember ... his subscription ran out prior to the Watts Riots ...

august_30_1965_1.jpg

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I never said it wasn't, but the police did not confiscate arms during the LA riot of '92 or any of the riots in '68 that I am aware of. I just said that was a unique case where one of the most dysfunctional police forces in the country took things too far. By no means am I saying were they right, I am just arguing that people ought not read too much into what was a unique case that will not likely be repeated anywhere else, and most importantly has not before or after.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This isn't federal, but...

"New York City, which required rifle owners to register their guns in 1967, banned many of them as assault weapons in 1991; police have since gone knocking on doors, demanding that some people surrender their guns."

National Source for Policy Analysis

http://www.ncpa.org/ba/ba102.html

i know nothing about the group or what they do, but 3 seconds on google found the exact page...

Good for you, so did I. And again, where in that link provided is there anything backing up their claim? Just a single bullet that has NOTHING to substantiate it with.

I know that while some might disparage my insistence on facts, until you show some, you are doing nothing but parroting talking points by a biased think tank. Oh, and one or two instances of something is not a policy.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some of you boys just aren't too smart. You THINK you are 'cause you've been to college.:)

Boola-boola.

You're easily deceived, you believe what people tell you if it fits your own preconceived notions of the world and how it all comes together. You are easily led. Let us only hope you get "better" when you get older.

What makes you think you are smarter than the rest of us? Were you given special powers that we are unaware of? And what makes you think I or the others that say that some of the 'scary' restrictions that you and others claim will happen are so easily deceived? Are we all just sheep being led to the slaughter? I

If you believe all of that, you think too highly of yourself and not enough of some on this board. Believe it!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
What makes you think you are smarter than the rest of us? Were you given special powers that we are unaware of? And what makes you think I or the others that say that some of the 'scary' restrictions that you and others claim will happen are so easily deceived? Are we all just sheep being led to the slaughter? I

If you believe all of that, you think too highly of yourself and not enough of some on this board. Believe it!

'Cause I have more common sense than you. And I don't think I'm the brightest bulb in the pack. And I've seen "more" than you. All of which equates to the same thing.

Believe that.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Good for you, so did I. And again, where in that link provided is there anything backing up their claim? Just a single bullet that has NOTHING to substantiate it with.

I know that while some might disparage my insistence on facts, until you show some, you are doing nothing but parroting talking points by a biased think tank. Oh, and one or two instances of something is not a policy.

you asked for a link. i merely pointed out that three seconds on google was all it took to find the page his quote came from. if you knew that, why did you still ask for the link? be more precise in your language.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
'Cause I have more common sense than you. And I don't think I'm the brightest bulb in the pack. And I've seen "more" than you. All of which equates to the same thing.

Believe that.

A belief......and an assumption.......those will get you in trouble sooner or later........:eek:

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
you asked for a link. i merely pointed out that three seconds on google was all it took to find the page his quote came from. if you knew that, why did you still ask for the link? be more precise in your language.

Okay, how about some FACTS?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A belief......and an assumption.......those will get you in trouble sooner or later........:eek:

Flash ... while you know a lot about a few things ... you probably know LESS about firearms & 2nd Amendment issues than anyone else who posts on these subjects ... w/ the possible exception of Spekk-whatever (sorry Spekk-whatever ... I couldn't come up w/ any other AW's lib's on such short notice :D) and a few others ... just sayin' ... :)

I've been doing this for a long time. You get an "F" in a basic understanding of these issues ... both from a historic and a current issues viewpoint. And all because of your own myopia, prejudices, inexperience, and dogma.

But I still love you.

Believe it. :)