• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gun Laws in your state

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Really? Surely you jest.

No, that is why they have not brought it up as an issue hardly at all this elections season. They know it can easily be seized upon by the opposing party as a 'hot button' issue that will confirm many people's worst fears about the party and what it will do in power. Many Democrats still blame Gore's stance on gun control for contributing to his defeat. They want to keep winning elections, gun control will generally not help in many competitive areas.

Redux

No, that is why they have not brought it up as an issue hardly at all this elections season. They know it can easily be seized upon by the opposing party as a 'hot button' issue that will confirm many people's worst fears about the party and what it will do in power. Many Democrats still blame Gore's stance on gun control for contributing to his defeat. They want to keep winning elections, gun control will generally not help in many competitive areas.

Once these maniacs are in it's a free pass for them to do ANYTHING they like. Remember, the Supreme Court will be theirs as well. Is not this election screwed as it is? ACORN and their fraud and obama going back on his financing pledge. Many states now allow convicted felons to vote once "they have paid their debt" to society. <insert eyeroll here>

Perhaps Jefferson was right when he wrote "What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must from time to time be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

Question is, will the liberty tree be pruned in order to flourish?

HueyCobra8151

pilot
They will get the Supreme Court? I will check again, but I was under the impression that the only two Justices who may retire are both "liberal" (in the political sense) - so Obama would only be able to replace two liberals with two liberals.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
They will get the Supreme Court? I will check again, but I was under the impression that the only two Justices who may retire are both "liberal" (in the political sense) - so Obama would only be able to replace two liberals with two liberals.
But wouldn't it be infinitely better to replace them w/ one or two strict constructionists ... ??? :)

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
How do I value my gun right? Well, I'd really like to add an M9 to the collection, but I just can't seem to afford one right now. Maybe after 2 years of the Dems in power, that'll change, and I'll be able to get one.

None of the 2 parties are going to take away anyone's legally owned firearms. FACT.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....None of the 2 parties are going to take away anyone's legally owned firearms. FACT.

Right; you keep stickin' that head in the sand ... some of you guys are so damn naive, it's incredible. I'm not trying to be nasty, just sayin' ... But are you just completely clueless as to what's happened in your OWN state of California over the past decade or two ???

Not going to take them away??? That's what the guys in Australia, Canada, and jolly ol' England said, too ... just to consider some other recent history. :)

THIS is the only thing that can save you & get your mind straight -- and it's where I'm going now:

maitaizg1.jpg
CHEERS

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
Right; you keep stickin' that head in the sand ... some of you guys are so damn naive, it's incredible. Are you just completely clueless as to what's happened in your OWN state over the past decade or two ???

Not going to take them away??? That's what the guys in Australia, Canada, and jolly ol' England said, too ... just to consider recent other history. :)

Look, I can understand your frustration with the ever constricting personal firearms laws and regulations across the country, and especially in my home state of CA.

My head isn't in the sand, and will never be. If it does happen, you can count on me holding onto it until they take it out of my cold dead hands. We're not AUS, CAN or GB. This is America, and if I'm not mistaken this is the copy of the 2nd amendment that the states have to honor and protect:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

So far, my right to bear arms hasn't been infringed upon, and as I said, I just don't see it happening.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Gentlemen, need I remind you of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994?

It has happened before, and it most certainly can happen again.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
So far, my right to bear arms hasn't been infringed upon, and as I said, I just don't see it happening.

The point being, in the Heller v DC case, it was 5 vs 4 on the decision. What I think A4's is saying is that with a liberal president he'll more than likely nominate a liberal judge for those two potential seats. If a more conservative was in office, it would be more likely that a constructionist or Constitutionalist judge would be nominated for the seat. Those two new liberal judges may not have been able to change the Heller case, but if there were two Constitutionalist in the seat, it could've been 7 v 2 on the decision, which is much much stronger of a ruling.

As powerful a war cry "From My Cold Dead Hands" is, I would be hard pressed to believe that you would actually tell that to a police officer if Johnny Law comes knocking at your door with a recently passed law saying turn in your guns.

For reference, look up how the New Orleans police took guns away from the residents of New Orleans after Katrina, and that was without any kind of law backing them up. Now imagine if there was actually a law on the books saying that individual's couldn't own guns, how vicious it could be.

I'm with A4's here. This election scares the sh!t out of me if Obama wins. I've not been around long but I've been around long enough to know that a policitian will say whatever he needs to get elected, but once in office will go with what he believes, not necessarily what he said during the campaign. If Obama wins, I have to hope he sticks to his word, but I'm doubtful with his history if he really will.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
The gun control issue is largely a loser for Democrats, I don't think it is high on their agenda and I doubt there will be significant legislation passed.

Let's hope. I would say that it may not be that it's not as high on their agenda as it is if they really try and pass legislation, how it will come back to bite them in the ass on the next election cycle,

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I agree with Flash here. There is enough of a majority in America that loves their guns that it's not likely the Dems will screw with gun laws. If they do, at least you guys can take solace in the fact that within 2 years they will no longer hold a majority in Congress, and then said laws can be undone.