• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ground MOS choices?

thull

I'm curious what people on this board would choose for a Ground MOS if they were faced with ground as their only option (since this is the position I'm in.) It's still a ways off, but I'm thinking something in Infantry, and am curious about Recon. The more challenging and exciting the better. This is open to all thoughts/input (whether you're in the Navy or Marines)... Just looking for the next best thing to an Air contract, so fire away..

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
I think it would be really cool to do some sort of SPECWAR type MOS. I would love to do SEALs, only I would never make it. What happened to the Air slot? Too old thull?

Rasczak

Marine
I'm curious what people on this board would choose for a Ground MOS if they were faced with ground as their only option (since this is the position I'm in.) It's still a ways off, but I'm thinking something in Infantry, and am curious about Recon. The more challenging and exciting the better. This is open to all thoughts/input (whether you're in the Navy or Marines)... Just looking for the next best thing to an Air contract, so fire away..
I think you have to compete for them in TBS anyway, so it generally depends on how well you do. Correct me if I'm wrong.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I think it would be really cool to do some sort of SPECWAR type MOS. I would love to do SEALs, only I would never make it. What happened to the Air slot? Too old thull?

joboy...for some reason I think you would fit right in with the "special" ops community. :D :D

onion_news1569.article.jpg

thull

Dude, you'll have a lot of time at TBS to debate that. Though I think LAAD would be a fitting revenge for you.

hmm...Low Altitude Air Defense..hadn't thought of that. I know it's all a ways off, but I think having an end goal in mind would help my motivation considerably.. @joboy..yup, I'm 27 now, and they aren't budging, even though I recently ran a 4:24 mile and maxed the pft and solid in the rest of it (not gloating mind you) ... If I could pick up an Air slot at TBS though, I'd do that over anything Ground. Anyway thanks again for the feedback.

tlord82

pilot
Tanks all the way if I went ground. Similar to air in that you're fighting a machine, except you get to control four of the great beasts. Not too many slots, but look into it.

Lawman

None
Oops...
Well that rules those two out.

Probably for the better. I wouldnt want to be in something that looks like a tank and draws fire like a tank without it actually being a tank.

I too have thought about the "what if" situation as to what MOS I would probably go for. Like the one Captain (Phrog Guy) I met at OCS said "what are you gonna do if you get injured at TBS and loose your medical?" I think TBS would give you a much better impression of what fits you though I know its gonna be filled with Bullet Head Kool-aid. Id probably go for either an Aviation Support MOS like Air Command and Control or maybe suck it up and deal with being a GIB.