• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GoPro and other cams in flight

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Sorry, I wouldn't know, I'm just a dumb sand pounder. Saw it on soldier systems and thought of this thread.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Gents, we're doing a Prowler "last ride" video for this next cruise, and we're trying to make it pretty sweet. Any ideas for creative camera angles? We've been brainstorming already, but I'm curious to see if you all have any ones we haven't thought of.

I like watching the "over the sholder view" that gets the pilot/NFO's movements, the panel and a good bit of the view outside of the cockpit all at the same time

nugget81

pilot
We used HD GoPro's for our squadron cruise video & they got the job done. We had some great shots over the shoulder, looking back from next to the HUD, looking forward from next to the HUD, out the side from inside the canopy, & from inside cockpit looking up (attached to the MPCD with the suction, which I don't recommend). Overall the camera shot great video while using the suction cup, and it withstood the forces of cats & traps with no issue. The video was crisp, but made objects look farther away than normal. It didn't stick to the ejection seat and there isn't enough clearance between the top of the seat and the canopy. I found the battery to usually be sufficient, however it would die at inopportune times if not recharged after every flight/use. The buttons to turn it on & record were a bit cumbersome, which meant it was easier to turn on the camera & leave it on, then edit clips out later. Overall I was pleased with the end result of using the HD GoPro, but there are some design deficiencies to overcome.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
FIFY. I saw some HUD footage and LPOD footage in there... Unless there's a new GoPro LPOD Backpack that I missed...

Details details. What are you, a Major or something? Something that may be salient to your GS job, the Gen IV TPODs that are hitting the street soon are supposed to have an absolutely badass resolution. Can't remember the details past that (wrt what it is and whether both the CCD and FLIR are deeply improved).

phrogpilot73

Something that may be salient to your GS job, the Gen IV TPODs that are hitting the street soon are supposed to have an absolutely badass resolution.
I've heard of them, and have talked to some guys who have tested/flown with them... I heard identify man-size targets at something like 18-20K feet, and 10 miles...

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor

This is some of the video that I took with my ContourHD I have been very happy with it and recommend it.

STOVLer

pilot
There is one GoPro video out there somewhere from that 203 det that I would love to see.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
Look five posts back for the video of the supremely intense det that may get our gopros taken away.

Sarcasm meter just pegged. You guys getting your hands slapped because of that vid?

The rippling of that LAU-68 looked fun as hell.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
poor (old)man's go pro $1.59...

poke a hole in a ball cap brim and screw (4x20, i think) your cameara to it.
works for acro for me. i use a 32gb card, good for about 4 minutes.
8166862972_4fa1266fee_z.jpg