• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GoPro and other cams in flight

phrogpilot73

So...no trust at all that [fill in the blank] will try to "do the right thing"?

I'm truly sorry if that's what you all feel you're being exposed to. That's not right. The "fairest" board I ever stood before was the one investigating my own mishap. My pilot and I were both back in the cockpit 48 hours later. "Carrying on!"
I'm guessing you haven't seen the MARADMIN... Unit sweeps (breathalyzers) twice a CY, random breathalyzers every other month. Similar to urinalysis. Blow a .01 and get assigned to alcohol dependency screening. Special trust and confidence is alive and well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Renegade One

None
I'm guessing you haven't seen the MARADMIN... Unit sweeps (breathalyzers) twice a CY, random breathalyzers every other month. Similar to urinalysis. Blow a .01 and get assigned to alcohol dependency screening. Special trust and confidence is alive and well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Nope...haven't...not on distro...but thanks. Actually, that might have saved the lives of some of my old shipmates...and friends. But we had TOTAL trust and confidence in them...until they proved us wrong.

Obviously, I'm torn on the issue...

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As a dude who is an ASO and has sat on an AMB (MIB doesn't exist anymore) before, I'd want to see the footage - but if you're suggesting it would be brought up as a causal factor? It might be - but it would likely be rejected.

A cockpit video during an accident, is a two-way street for a pilot/crew, and money for the AMB. It might help to determine if pilot error was a causal factor, OR help to reject a pilot error finding, which might have been assigned without that visual evidence. Or it could be inconclusive.

On the other hand, I don't think anyone meant that the vidcam/mount in itself, would be a causal factor in a mishap.
BzB

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
On the other hand, I don't think anyone meant that the vidcam/mount in itself, would be a causal factor in a mishap.
BzB

It hasn't been sled tested. It's not NAVAIR approved, so clearly the operators of said vidcam/mount care nothing about safety and hate America.

Thus:

SAFETY VIOLATORS!!!!!

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Bringing this back.

I have a GoPro w/ the suction mount. It rocks. Looking to go the Contour route for a helmet cam. How are you guys mounting these things to your helmets? Someone mentioned velcro, but I don't want to FOD out the cockpit during a cat/trap or BFM engagement...
I have owned a Contour for a couple years now. I velcro it to my helmet with heavy duty velcro. I've flown BFM, LAT and taken traps/cats with it. The only time I've had it fall off was the initial break turn of a BFM set...it was my fault though - half-ass stuck it to my helmet on the "take a cut away"...it fell behind me and was stuck between my back & the seat. I still use it with the velcro but pay a little more attention to the way I stick it to my helmet.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
So...no trust at all that [fill in the blank] will try to "do the right thing"?

I'm truly sorry if that's what you all feel you're being exposed to. That's not right. The "fairest" board I ever stood before was the one investigating my own mishap. My pilot and I were both back in the cockpit 48 hours later. "Carrying on!"

I've seen some good AMB's (including my own) but unfortunately lately I've seen several witch hunts and downright lies and misinformation put into an SIR just so someone can make a point.... So at this point, No I don't have a lot of trust in the process anymore.