• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GoPro and other cams in flight

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
[threadjack]
Pickle for an AMRAAM shot in an F-15C?

And, so I hear, for the F-35 since the Air Force always gets their way.

It seems like there could be some utility to having it that way so that in BFM you could take a quick raking gun shot post missile launch if there was some type of decluttered gun symbology up concurrently with that of the missile. Not sure if it would actually work very well in practice though.

On another note, I think they used as many flares in the making of that video as my squadron sees all year.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
If you ever get to fly DACT with the AF, you will see they pump flares out like candy. They are compensating in the purest form for a number of reasons.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I made this with my GoPro 2 last year at an airshow, helmet mounted...I edited it with FCPX

Yes, the edit speed is a bit fast...it supposed to like that...just a quick 1:30 teaser for the team

Snort is flying the MiG-17

This video simply rocks.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I've had both the GoPro and Contour and stuck with the Contour only because it was easy to fit on my helmet. Though I think the GoPro had better video quality.

Here is a video I took with my Contour:

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
So how are you guys mounting these externally safely? Seems like a FOD hazard to me.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Wifey just bought me a GoPro for our anniversary. I like it because of the waterproof case, and it has brackets that I can easily mount to the boom of my windsurfer. Maybe it could work on the hand holds on the canopy in the T-45.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Wifey just bought me a GoPro for our anniversary. I like it because of the waterproof case, and it has brackets that I can easily mount to the boom of my windsurfer. Maybe it could work on the hand holds on the canopy in the T-45.

Jut spit ballin, and YMMV, but maybe not the best idea at CNATRA without the right ominous dominus.