• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GoPro and other cams in flight

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
There's always one of you in the crowd huh? ;)

I'm still in the "don't piss people off mode". I'm really excited to get a GoPro and get some good video, just trying to do it smart. Don't want people to think I'll be the next Lake Tahoe guy.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Here is a low quality version with a windshield suction cup mount. A little vibration on the ground and going through ETL, but otherwise not bad.

jazzdude

Got a GoPro Hero2 recently, works great. I'm not too big of a fan of their suction cup mount in the jet, as it's difficult to get the camera turned so it's either horizontal or vertical. Any suggestions on how to mount it on a helmet or a headset?

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
No info on what camera was used here but it's a nicely done 720p video. Be sure to change the quality to 720.

Short and sweet.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
I could be wrong, but it sure sounds like those Air Force dudes are saying: "Cock Flight"...?
The 67th FS out of Kadena are known as the "Fighting Cocks" and their ATC C/S is "Cocks"....yes, very un-Air Force'ish.

I have some bros who fly with the Go Pro and I can vouch that it can handle up to 7.5 G's when using a suction cup to the canopy or the helmet strap. I use the Contour 1080P HD velcro'd to my helmet. It has handled up t0 7.5G's as well. With all of this being said, my CO is on board with us flying with these cameras as long as we are following the policy letter he put out WRT flying with cameras/video cameras.

S/F

sodajones

Combat Engineer
http://soldiersystems.net/2012/05/24/sofic-adams-industries-gopro-aviation-mount/

20120523-141524.jpg

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gents, we're doing a Prowler "last ride" video for this next cruise, and we're trying to make it pretty sweet. Any ideas for creative camera angles? We've been brainstorming already, but I'm curious to see if you all have any ones we haven't thought of.