• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting dropped from TBS

Denabloo

alright, this is probably a lame question from a WWII book, but since OCS is where you get your commision, if you get booted from TBS, will they just drop you to the Enlisted Ranks. The book i got this question from is called 'Goodbye Darkness' (good read by the way). And also, i am in absolutly no way afraid of failing or anything, i still have 1 1/2 year of high school and 3-4 years till OCS/TBS... I'm just curious if thats how it works.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
alright, this is probably a lame question from a WWII book, but since OCS is where you get your commision, if you get booted from TBS, will they just drop you to the Enlisted Ranks. The book i got this question from is called 'Goodbye Darkness' (good read by the way). And also, i am in absolutly no way afraid of failing or anything, i still have 1 1/2 year of high school and 3-4 years till OCS/TBS... I'm just curious if thats how it works.

No, they will just kick you out of the Corps...if you are so bad they don't want you as an officer they don't want you as an enlisted person either...

VAmookie

not because you are a public speaker or a high school athlete or because 90% of candidates with family in Walla Walla

Now i get it, its cause i've ACTUALLY got family in Walla Walla. Speaking of percentages, what % of airwarriors users actually know where that is?

SgtUSMC

To the original question -- just stand in the mirror for two hours everyday and tell yourself "I am smart, I am special, and darnit, people like me."

And perhaps you should stop asking what you should not do to be successful in the Corps and instead ask what you should do - I don't want to go back to Iraq with a guy who only focuses on the negative side of everything.

S/F and happy birthday Marines, maybe I will see some of you at OCC 191.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
I know a guy who is hitting up one of those digs ... told him otherwise, but he wont listen. And she is nothing to write home about either ... especially with the risk of blowing his career as a Marine.
Actually, it was (obviously) a failed attempt at Navy-on-Marine humor. On this note though, you'll see that happen everywhere. Morons making a point to prove that they're morons. Hey, it's their career...

SgtUSMC

I hope that last post did not seem harsh - I was merely trying to convey that if you find yourself at OCS it is because you have the physical potential and intelligence to become an Officer, so the only thing it seems left to add to the equation is the right attitude.

Good leaders tend to confident and have positive attitudes it seems.

Malice 1

pilot
I just checking into company A. If you can tie your shoes and hold a pen, You'll be fine. This place is silly. We stay here for like 15 hours a day, but only about 7 of them are actually productive.

Our company XO just made a new rule. Once he finishes briefing the billetholders, the company is automatically secured. No sitting around for hours "waiting for the word". Hooray for the XO.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
Malice 1 said:
I just checking into company A. If you can tie your shoes and hold a pen, You'll be fine. This place is silly. We stay here for like 15 hours a day, but only about 7 of them are actually productive.

Our company XO just made a new rule. Once he finishes briefing the billetholders, the company is automatically secured. No sitting around for hours "waiting for the word". Hooray for the XO.

Who is the XO?

usmcecho4

pilot
Malice 1 said:

I remember there being a difference between the company being secured and the platoon being secured. I'm affraid this difference may lead to some disappointment for you...hopefully not.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
usmcecho4 said:
I remember there being a difference between the company being secured and the platoon being secured. I'm affraid this difference may lead to some disappointment for you...hopefully not.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

Yep. As long as your Platoon billet holders are locked on, then you'll be alright. Or as long as your SPC is a libo hound...we had a platoon in our company that usually secured 2-3 hours after the rest of the company.

Malice 1

pilot
Our SPC is chill as hell. The Platoon student staff is pretty squared away too. There was a lot of BS that had to get done though, so the flag trick didn't work by a long shot. I was sad. The snow on the ground added a good 30 minutes to our departure. First the XO wanted to give us brown baggers a snow driving brief, and get our cell #'s in case of trouble. Then he changed his mind.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Malice 1 said:
Our SPC is chill as hell. The Platoon student staff is pretty squared away too. There was a lot of BS that had to get done though, so the flag trick didn't work by a long shot. I was sad. The snow on the ground added a good 30 minutes to our departure. First the XO wanted to give us brown baggers a snow driving brief, and get our cell #'s in case of trouble. Then he changed his mind.

SPCs are for the most part always cool at first...just wait it will get worse then better again...oh and the games are on purpose.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
TBS is like being back in college and playing sports with everyone in same major and playing the same sports and living in same dorm (unless you married..too bad, then you miss the dorm life and 24/7 bonding). You have to work at getting dropped (unless you are prone to DUI or exceptionally immature). They screen you in your commissioning programs. Now, they are training you to really be a leader of Marines. Just show up ready to learn and with good running shoes and broken-in boots. TBS was one of best experiences of my career. Flgiht School gets tough again...mainly because it's like having constant finals, but system is designed to set standards with allowances for difficulties now and again. Enjoy the ride and stop worrying about it. Think of the tens of thousands of folks that have gone before you and made it. If you are in shape and have a reasonable brain, you have no worries. HJ