• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting dropped from TBS

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Hard to give an actual percentage...but here are the primary reasons...

DUIs - lose your commission and leave the Marine Corps
Leadership - dropped to another company and given another chance, if you screw that up you are out...
Having sex with fellow officers in the Company - up to the TBS CO

Those are the main things, don't worry about it too much and just push through, learn all that you can...

FLY_USMC

pilot
What I absolutely love about TBS, is the fact that the slimballs who sneaked through OCS, 95% of them got caught at TBS, our country thanks the SPC's for that.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
What % of TBS students fail to graduate and why? If you get dropped, do you lose your commission?

TBS isn't designed for attrition. It isn't extremely uncommon to have a platoon complete TBS without losing any Lts. Getting dropped for an injury at TBS isn't grounds for losing your commission. Those that are dropped will be put in a holding company until they heal, and then put into another company. Most likely, you will have one or two idiots in your company that lose their commission for something stupid like a DUI.

riley

We lost about 40 in our company:

- Bad grades
- injuries - one Lt broke his foot and 2 weeks later his other foot was broken as well
- Being socially retarded
- DUIs - they go on a case by case basis - I know of several DUI Lts that are still in the Marine Corps - whether they ever go beyond 1st Lt. is another story.
- Cheating/Integrity violation

I agree with Fly USMC - I am thankful our SPCs had the moral courage to take some Lts out.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Does anyone have a interesting/funny story about a LT. and what he did to get kicked out?

I would share but to be honest, I think that it is more sad then anything that someone would risk everything over some of the stupid crap...

FLY_USMC

pilot
easiest way to explain socially retarded...which is specifically used as an all encompassing descriptor, would be extreme lack of leadership ability. You can get through OCS faking the demand for respect, but at TBS, you will be put in a leadership position, and if you are pathetic, not only will your SPC see it, but all the instructors will too. That's my best, anyone else care to chime in?

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
[QUOTE
QUOTE]

with someone like your SPC, obviously, but how could they kick you out if it were just with another LT? probably not the smartest thing in the world but I know it happens a lot and I've never heard of it being cause for any disciplinary action unless someone involved was married to someone else.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Pretty sure when the CO of TBS says no fraternization with opposite sex, same company, they can kick you out. Whether it happens a lot or not is irrelevant really, it shouldn't, it's a simple order that's for 6 months out of your life, you gotta be kidding me really?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot

with someone like your SPC, obviously, but how could they kick you out if it were just with another LT? probably not the smartest thing in the world but I know it happens a lot and I've never heard of it being cause for any disciplinary action unless someone involved was married to someone else.

Hmm...well perhaps because the CO states plainly during Zero week not to do it and therefore if you do do it then you are disobeying a lawful order...they tend to frown on that...there was a case in our Company and it didn't end well...and we will leave it at that...

Sleeping around with those in the same chain of command will lose you the respect of everyone around you very very quickly...if you are still in a training command and get caught, well then expect bad things...you are supposed to be an officer afterall and set the example...

markvanes

Ok. Socially retarded = bad leadership. How bad does it have to be? This is one thing about OCS/TBS that has me worried- I have never been very comfortable in front of large groups. I do it anyway, but it ain't easy. How bad can you screw up? I'm pretty sure I will sometimes.