• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

Swimmer91

The problem is you're letting a website dictate whether or not to watch a movie. I've found plenty of movies that I enjoyed that RT scored horribly
Especially rotten tomatoes. I think they've been caught for fudging scores to make certain production studios look good.
I mean, they have the 2016 Ghostbusters remake scored as higher than Forrest Gump.... Huh?

cinnamon

Midway is out in theaters

I went to see it last evening and it is pretty darn good. The writers and researchers put a lot of work into historical accuracy. There is, of course, a great deal of "Hollywood" in some of the flying stunts and some minor fouls in terms of historical timing (my wife was gripping my arm during a dive bomber attack and said "You better not fly like that!" I asked her, "Well, how will I land then?" It has all the right aviation players. Wildcat, Dauntless, Devastator, B-25, and even the B-26 makes appearances (but way too many from my recollection). The full range of Japanese aircraft are shown and the CGI isn't as bad as I thought it might be. The actors aren't too overblown and Woody actually does a decent job as Nimitz. The best part if you are into pop culture stuff...the movie ends exactly like the 1970's version with Yamamoto's quote about waking a sleeping giant.

In short, I recommend the movie. It is worth the cost of admission.

I was going to watch it regardless but this review has me sold! Headed to the movies for sure! ??

jleo_96

While I'm waiting, I guess I can drop my scores in here...

Applying: SNA
OAR: 52
AQR: 6
PFAR: 7
FOFAR: 7
GPA: 4.0
Sex: M
Major: Political Science
Prior Service: N

I'm all nervous now, since I also applied for the SWO board and haven't heard anything from my recruiter. I guess I can take consolation in the fact that I have better scores than many who were selected, so I can just hope that my recruiter just didn't receive the results today.

jeffersjack

My recruiter hasn't mentioned anything yet, so I figured I'd check the airwarriors forums. Nothing here either, sadly.

OAR: 66
AQR: 9
PFAR: 9
FOFAR: 8
GPA: 3.9
Major: Mathematics

jleo_96

While I'm waiting, I guess I can drop my scores in here...

OAR: 52
AQR: 6
PFAR: 7
FOFAR: 7
GPA: 4.0
Major: Political Science

I'm all nervous now, since I also applied for the SWO board and haven't heard anything from my recruiter. I guess I can take consolation in the fact that I have better scores than many who were selected, so I can just hope that my recruiter just didn't receive the results today.
Edit: I'm also applying for NFO