• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

MockingbirdT

I guess I just didn't realize people not even SNAs yet are smart asses to active duty officers

I was genuinely interested in your answer about what you believe is the best part of being a P8 NFO. You posted on three different forums so i believe you were eager to talk about it, but you posted the most generic answer that didn't tell me anything about being a P8 NFO.

You're the only one in here with a chip on your shoulder. I wasn't the one who posted the same thing on similar forums only to follow up with an answer that said " i couldn't be bothered with answering this chode" and 2) by making personal attacks about me mentioning my age, as if..what, idk? I didn't attack you personally but i offer some pushback and that was the first weapon you deployed. I respect you and I'm trying to get to where you are....but do better.

Swimmer91

Hey guys, I'm a P-8 NFO. If you guys have any questions about what a good package looks like, OCS, API, Primary, P-8 FRS, Squadron life, etc.... feel free to shoot me a private message. Mahalo and good luck at OCS, congrats to those selected.

Do you have any tips/ insider info for us regarding OCS or IFS? Also, when you were going towards platforms, what factors led you to gravitate towards P8’s? What would you do differently if you had to do the whole pipeline over again?

PD_

P.D.
None
Do you have any tips/ insider info for us regarding OCS or IFS? Also, when you were going towards platforms, what factors led you to gravitate towards P8’s? What would you do differently if you had to do the whole pipeline over again?
For OCS, it's all a mental game, you just have to push through the exhaustion and mental games that they play and you'll be fine. The worst part for me was rarely ever getting more than 4 to 5 hours of sleep per night. IFS is relatively easy, API is relatively hard, and Primary/ Advanced are dependent upon the instructor you get for each individual event. Sere is... sere. I chose mpra (P-3/P-8/EP-3) because you deploy on land to several different cool locations and as an nfo you drive the mission. You really get to know your AOR and you learn a lot of Intel about the area you're operating in. I literally flew around the world on one deployment and have been to every AOR except 4th fleet. If I could do it all over again I probably would have put down EP-3 as my number one choice, but that platform will be gone by the time you guys are that far along. Their mission is awesome and helpful to have on a resume if you're interested in the IC.

thosefreakinATs

insert witty comment here
pilot
Let’s take a breather everyone
screw that, finish him!!!

Dude asked you a legit question about your community and you gave a nonanswer response shitting on pilots. What did you expect him to say?

Mockingbird, FOs suck. Come to helicopters on pilot side, you 1000% have the perfect amount of unapologetic fuckery we love.

dont talk shit and you wont get shit on.

PD_

P.D.
None
screw that, finish him!!!

Dude asked you a legit question about your community and you gave a nonanswer response shitting on pilots. What did you expect him to say?

Mockingbird, FOs suck. Come to helicopters on pilot side, you 1000% have the perfect amount of unapologetic fuckery we love.

dont talk shit and you wont get shit on.
This is getting lame. Like I said originally, PM me if you have any legit questions. Good luck to everyone getting selected in October. Later.

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Resist, Retaliate, Press Forward!
My Physical was signed off this week and I'll be applying to this board. In need of another Community Interview and I'm all set:

Applying: SNA
Name: pcamp01
OAR: 46
AQR: 5
PFAR: 7
FOFAR: 6
GPA: 3.4
SEX: M
MAJOR: Sociology
Prior Service: N

Clearly I'm on the low end with scores but I'm hopeful based on the previous boards' acceptance. No waivers myself. Good luck to all.

OMG You got the same ASTB scores as I did!

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Resist, Retaliate, Press Forward!
Actually know someone with the call sign FNG. ?

And my personal favorite RBF (Resting Bitch Face)

Told the husband of one of my high school homegals about those noob initials on flyer tags (back at a reunion party 7 years ago). He cracked up real good. Real talk: Said gentleman admitted wanting to become a Naval Aviator. But, for some odd reason I couldn't remember, he didn't go that route. Kudos to him, though, as he is now the owner of a prominent law firm in San Fernando Valley.