• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

Cryofern

When I met with my recruiter on September 19, he told me that one of his guys who applied for the August board "just got picked up" as a flight officer. (I do realize this isn't entirely useful because "just" is in no way a specific measure of time, but I looked at the thread for the August board and I see someone who received a PROREC-Y call on September 20, so I guess it's not wholly unreasonable?)
VS us 30 seconds after meeting our class D.I.
View attachment 23338
This is exactly what I think about in an attempt to put the waiting stress in perspective. Whether this actually works is an entirely different story.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
When I met with my recruiter on September 19, he told me that one of his guys who applied for the August board "just got picked up" as a flight officer. (I do realize this isn't entirely useful because "just" is in no way a specific measure of time, but I looked at the thread for the August board and I see someone who received a PROREC-Y call on September 20, so I guess it's not wholly unreasonable?)

that cuts deep...

OperationChungus

pilot

This is exactly what I think about in an attempt to put the waiting stress in perspective. Whether this actually works is an entirely different story.

They got their FINSEL on September 20, not their PROREC.

I’ve been viewing this thread for awhile but just recently signed up. Pro Rec Y SNA after second time applying.
Astb 53 7/7/7
B.S. Geology 3.55
Commercial multi instrument ratings.
Still waiting for a FINSEL.
Congrats to everyone who made it and for those who didn’t keep applying!

Their PROREC came on September 12

Cryofern

They got their FINSEL on September 20, not their PROREC.

Their PROREC came on September 12
I see now that this person's PROREC-Y indeed came on September 12; I misinterpreted this person's September 20 non-final notification (???) of a November 3 OCS date. My mistake - this does sound more consistent with my recruiter's comment, and I should have read a few pages further back. :oops:

Thanos

Until selections start coming out, this is the best post in the thread. Thanos consistently bringing the needed level of humor.
@Thanos, we need something. I don’t know what but, something.

Wow, I’m flattered. Glad I’m doing something right ? No pressure for future posts ?
I’m sure the wait is agonizing for you all. I’m meeting my new recruiter in a few days, so hopefully I will officially and actually be squared away for the 27 Jan board, for real this time, and be able sigh in relief with you soon.
I’ll try to cook up something for when you all get selected. But my only advice currently is to make sure you’re not just chilling—you must be vibing.

KristenQT

At this point I'm not worried, however I would not be happy about getting a call from my recruiter on November 20th . "Hey, you've been selected! BUT you need to report to Newport on the 23rd because you put down ASAP on your ship out!" That is just simply not enough time tie up lose ends.

RubaDub

At this point I’m kinda over it. The most important thing to worry about was making it to the board. Everything has been out of our hands since 27 September. We just have to sit back and relax!

Yep, that’s exactly where I am. I’ve been anxious for so long that I can’t even stress about it anymore. I just patiently refresh this forum waiting for someone to say they were selected.