• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

swmonroe88

pilot
I got lucky and had a great group of people during MEPS. I also was lucky in that I some how was put towards the front of every line and got out in record time.

Admittedly, my experience in 2019 as an officer candidate was MUCH more palatable than my experience in 2009 enlisting, but a lot of that was just prior service guys and girls working there who recognized that I had played this game before smoothing things out for me. Your mileage may vary.

pleahy15

Admittedly, my experience in 2019 as an officer candidate was MUCH more palatable than my experience in 2009 enlisting, but a lot of that was just prior service guys and girls working there who recognized that I had played this game before smoothing things out for me. Your mileage may vary.
The staff was having fun at my expense cause I started to get dizzy and dry heave when my blood was drawn. I was filling out some paperwork when a staff member from behind the counter was talking to other staff about "the guy that was dry heaving." He was then informed that I was the person who he was talking about and that he should say it to my face, he promptly walked over said "That was hilarious" and walked away laughing. So, that hopefully lightened the mood for everyone.

cinnamon

How long did it take you from your meps visit to get your PQ letter? Also congrats on getting it all done!

I went to MEPS September 12th, my recruiter texted me yesterday we were good to go and letter was officially in. So about a 1.5 weeks. The Honolulu MEPS is amazing here. I went to MEPS in San Diego back in 2011 and I don't remember things being this smooth. ? I'm just so happy.

Also I would like to add I worked with a San Diego recruiter from 2017 - 2018...and it was not smooth at all... My recruiter here is amazing and has worked so hard!

Last edited:

Astro_Rekt

Late to the party. Just wrapped up the ASTB-E earlier today.

SNA/SNFO
30 years old
60 8/8/8
3.2 Journalism
Male
No prior service

I brought up applying as SNA only, and the recruiter said something about SNA being my "primary" but I would also be reviewed for SNFO. I plan on calling and getting it sorted out if that sounds like typical weird recruiter stuff.

pleahy15

SNA/SNFO
30 years old
60 8/8/8
3.2 Journalism
Male
No prior service

I brought up applying as SNA only, and the recruiter said something about SNA being my "primary" but I would also be reviewed for SNFO. I plan on calling and getting it sorted out if that sounds like typical weird recruiter stuff.
Heck of a score! As far as I'm concerned, when you apply, you're applying for aviation as a whole, which includes both SNA and SNFO. I think what determines if you only apply for one is if your scores do not meet the minimum for one of the options.

buttburner69

SNA/SNFO
30 years old
60 8/8/8
3.2 Journalism
Male
No prior service

I heard the same as well from a friend that is a recruiter. He said they do it all as one but yeah I’m only going for SNA. I think to help get those NFO numbers up

Astro_Rekt

Roger, appreciate the info. And thanks! Kept remembering everyone mentioning the PBM sections "make you feel like you suck," so I kept that in mind and tried to stay focused as possible.

exNavyOffRec

SNA/SNFO
30 years old
60 8/8/8
3.2 Journalism
Male
No prior service

You will not be reviewed for SNFO unless it is listed as a designator you are applying for, if you don't want to be an SNFO then don't have it listed, and I would email your recruiter not call as an email will be a paper trail if he did something shady, your post makes it seem like he is doing something shady.

pleahy15

Roger, appreciate the info. And thanks! Kept remembering everyone mentioning the PBM sections "make you feel like you suck," so I kept that in mind and tried to stay focused as possible.
I wish there was a camera when I was taking that portion because I was laughing at how hard it was

swmonroe88

pilot

SNA/SNFO
30 years old
60 8/8/8
3.2 Journalism
Male
No prior service

Solid scores... also good to see another old dude on this board haha.