• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

buttburner69

my recruiter is going to MEPS tomorrow to try to get them to expedite the results somehow... he sounded confident but ?‍♂️ hoping for the best! good luck to everyone else that is trying to submit their packets last minute.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

my recruiter is going to MEPS tomorrow to try to get them to expedite the results somehow... he sounded confident but ?‍♂️ hoping for the best! good luck to everyone else that is trying to submit their packets last minute.

The things that take the longest to get back are the blood test, after which the doc will review, unless you have some medical issue once the blood test are back it should be signed in no time, now if the blood test are back it should be signed soon.

The only thing the recruiter can do is talk to the NRD's MEPs liaison, which he can do on the phone, as a recruiter he cannot do anything in regards to the MEP's personnel

buttburner69

The things that take the longest to get back are the blood test, after which the doc will review, unless you have some medical issue once the blood test are back it should be signed in no time, now if the blood test are back it should be signed soon.

The only thing the recruiter can do is talk to the NRD's MEPs liaison, which he can do on the phone, as a recruiter he cannot do anything in regards to the MEP's personnel
are blood tests done in house at MEPS or are they sent elsewhere? Hoping my recruiter can sweet talk them into somehow prioritizing my MEPS PQ letter, whatever its called. The last time I was there two years ago I was healthy and had 0 issues with my blood work, unless I have HIV or something exotic now

exNavyOffRec

are blood tests done in house at MEPS or are they sent elsewhere? Hoping my recruiter can sweet talk them into somehow prioritizing my MEPS PQ letter, whatever its called. The last time I was there two years ago I was healthy and had 0 issues with my blood work, unless I have HIV or something exotic now

Not sure if blood test are done in house, but MEPS doesn't do the PQ letter, N3M does, so the medical report from MEPS is sent to N3M then they do they review and issue a PQ letter.

cinnamon

What kind of "official" confirmation are y'all getting from your OR besides them saying "It's been submitted"? I've asked mine a few times with the general response of "I assure you that you've been submitted, we've done this many times before".

I’m sorry I was a little dramatic with my “Officially”... I trust my recruiter completely. I went through hell with my last recruiter in SD. He literally said to my face, “I’ve met my quota and I don’t really need to submit your packet” ? after 9 months of trying to get an appointment at MEPS.

The recruiter here in Honolulu is the best! I couldn’t be seen earlier than June 17th at MEPS, for medical reasons, which prevented me from submitting on time for the August board. He contacted me weeks in advance to try to get me into MEPS that day!

Also, I was in contact with him and the processor all this week filling out paperwork after paperwork. They thankfully caught all the discrepancies in time!

Anything can happen from today until October 28th but I’m just relieved that since August 2017, I finally have someone I can trust. Guess 4th time is the charm ? it’s all up to the board for now ? good luck to everyone!!!! Stay positive and never give up!

OperationChungus

pilot
It should be pretty straight forward, GPA points earned divided by GPA credits attempted to give the GPA

True, I understand that. It's just that my school calculates and replaces classes that were retaken which is why I have a higher gpa on my transcript vs what the Navy calculates.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
True, I understand that. It's just that my school calculates and replaces classes that were retaken which is why I have a higher gpa on my transcript vs what the Navy calculates.
Also as far as I’m aware you an I are in the same boat with the graduation in May 2020. Should be interesting if we both get selected and make it to the same class. Chungus and Bigbird sounds like a horribly amazing pair for roommates at OCS

OperationChungus

pilot
Good thing I think they just got rid of the gpa requirements for SNA.

We'll see how big of an impact (or detriment) it'll have on selection LOL

Also as far as I’m aware you an I are in the same boat with the graduation in May 2020. Should be interesting if we both get selected and make it to the same class. Chungus and Bigbird sounds like a horribly amazing pair for roommates at OCS

I've seen around this forum that the PROBOARD doesn't take into account shipping out date and only looks at an applicant's professional scores

bigbird

Biggest Bird
I've seen around this forum that the PROBOARD doesn't take into account shipping out date and only looks at an applicant's professional scores
That’s really good news actually I was a little worried about not getting picked up because I wasn’t able to immediately leave for OCS. I also kinda figured it was out of my hands anyways so whatever happens happens!

Not even half of the spreadsheet is submitted according to the yellow highlights... not sure if that’s good or bad.