• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Update in regards to my own PROREC N...

It looks like the Board left me some notes regarding my package and that my motivational statement was "lacking passion towards becoming a Naval Aviator and was too long". Unfortunately, at my own fault, I disregarded the motivational statement mega-thread and opted towards creating mine out of the preset questions and guidelines my recruiter or some other individual who sent me the form had already laid out. Everything else about my package was fine and adequate towards being accepted but they want me to resubmit with a new, shorter (It was over 700 words), and more NA focused statement. I've already mostly completed it and am also getting a new LOR to freshen the package up, as well as I'll be graduating this month so a new finalized transcript with a higher GPA should also help.
The plan is to resubmit for the Dec. 19th deadline for the January Board and hopefully have good news for you all in the next few months. That would possibly leave me in still being in some of your classes, or catching you on the tail end of your own classes.
Here's hoping! Fly Navy!
That is probably info your recruiter was given from his OACR as the board in order to maintain integrity of the process does not and cannot give feedback. There have also been many selected with minimal statements.

1812TC

Update for all on ProRec N "Do Not Return", the board has advised the aviation program manager "anyone with an alcohol related incident is automatically not getting selected and not to resubmit at all".

NCCGT

Update for all on ProRec N "Do Not Return", the board has advised the aviation program manager "anyone with an alcohol related incident is automatically not getting selected and not to resubmit at all".

Where did you hear this from? I'm wondering if this is going to be passed to all upcoming designator boards or if it's a focus for aviation now. I've heard in the past this was a directive for boards of more selective designators. I've spoken with a couple people who got picked up with alcohol related incidents on the past board or two.

Icedsaint

Where did you hear this from? I'm wondering if this is going to be passed to all upcoming designator boards or if it's a focus for aviation now. I've heard in the past this was a directive for boards of more selective designators. I've spoken with a couple people who got picked up with alcohol related incidents on the past board or two.

I just got selected and I had a Minor in Possession of Alcohol when I was 18. Granted it was expunged from my record, and my recruiter told me I didn't need a waiver for this level of offense, but it goes to show they won't deny everyone with an alcohol related incident.

NCCGT

I just got selected and I had a Minor in Possession of Alcohol when I was 18. Granted it was expunged from my record, and my recruiter told me I didn't need a waiver for this level of offense, but it goes to show they won't deny everyone with an alcohol related incident.

yeah, I've heard of several people getting picked up with alcohol related waivers on this board and others (SWO, IWC, etc). @1812TC's comment needs a little more explanation like the source of the info, if this is going to be the directive going forward or if it was only for this board, if he was wrong in thinking it was a catch all instead of those who were convicted (and also if they're going to take how long ago it happened into consideration), and so on. There's a lot of factors that I was asking about.

exNavyOffRec

was the MIP disclosed on your application?

NCCGT

I hope you had that on the application. I'm pretty sure all alcohol related arrests/convictions need to have a waiver, no matter when it happened or if it was expunged. I could be wrong though, I thought that based off what I've heard others more familiar with the recruiting process say previously.

Icedsaint

was the MIP disclosed on your application?

Yes it was disclosed on my application. It was strange though. My recruiter said I wouldn't need a waiver. But the day my application was being sent in, my recruiter/the processor had me write another page about the incident and what had happened. My recruiter then told me she was running a police report on the city I got the citation in. Is that the typical process for a waiver?

RubaDub

That is probably info your recruiter was given from his OACR as the board in order to maintain integrity of the process does not and cannot give feedback. There have also been many selected with minimal statements.

In the event that everyone here completed the same (most recent) application, there are clear instructions to keep your statement between 200-250 words. I can identify anything less than or more than that a lack of attention to instruction.

NCCGT

In the event that everyone here completed the same (most recent) application, there are clear instructions to keep your statement between 200-250 words. I can identify anything less than or more than that a lack of attention to instruction.

The active duty forms and civilian forms are different and provide different instructions for things like required documents and word counts for motivational statements

bigbird

Biggest Bird
OSONE you are active duty right?
Because i'm not and my recruiter told me 400 words.

NCCGT

Yes it was disclosed on my application. It was strange though. My recruiter said I wouldn't need a waiver. But the day my application was being sent in, my recruiter/the processor had me write another page about the incident and what had happened. My recruiter then told me she was running a police report on the city I got the citation in. Is that the typical process for a waiver?

Yes, that is the process for receiving a waiver. You write a statement and/or have a call with an officer in charge of signing off on waivers and then it’s either approved or denied. So it sounds like you got a waiver.

RubaDub

The active duty forms and civilian forms are different and provide different instructions for things like required documents and word counts for motivational statements
OSONE you are active duty right?
Because i'm not and my recruiter told me 400 words.

Understood, thank you for clarifying.

BB, yes, I am active duty. The word count is in our application instructions.