• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Resist, Retaliate, Press Forward!
Late for this one, but I just booked my ticket to see Midway on the last day of its airing in theaters (this Thursday, 05-DEC). Quite intriguing since on Saturday, December 7th, The Year of Our Lord 2019, I’ll be celebrating my 12th anniversary of graduation from boot camp in RTC Great Lakes (and, obviously, the 78th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack, the “Day of Infamy”).

Last edited:

Mike9595

And just like that it’s over...

Even though I got pro rec n and I still don’t know why yet, I just wanted to say that this was honestly something that I remember for a long time. You seem like a great bunch of men and women and for those of you who got pro rec y I’m sure you will make great officers! If you got a pro rec no, and you truly believe this is your dream make sure you keep chasing it down no matter the costs. This is a once in a LIFETIME opportunity and not many even have the option in the first place so don’t squander it. if you are motivated to make the next board like I am trying for, then hopefully our paths will cross again. The deadline for the next board is 19 Dec and I hope to be on it with those of you continuing to try. As for the rest of you, farewell and fair seas to you! I hope to join you all in the fleet one day.... and FLY NAVY!

bigbird signing off...

Any idea why you got pro rec N yet?

Acsantosus

Make sure to know your PRT standards for your age group. Obviously, aim for as high as you can but you will need to score a Satisfactory Medium on the IST in all events and a Good low on your In, Mid, and Out PRT.

https://www.navy-prt.com/us-navy-overall-fitness-standards/navy-pt-standards-for-men/
This statement is not accurate or rather misleading. I agree you should always attempt to do more than the minimum. You do not need to get a Sat Med/good low on all events but rather you need an overall Sat Med/ good low between the 3 events combined. That’s how it reads in your link as well as how the official Navy PRT standards are.

baruvini

Hey,
I was supposed to be in this board, but I had a few problems with MEPS. I finally got it done, but looks like I am disqualified for SNA due to Depth Perception. I am certain that I passed this exam, since I asked the doctor right after and he told me I got everything right. Also, I had a medical exam for the Air Force about 2 years ago and the results for the Randot exam was 9/10 = 25" Arc Seconds. Right now I am trying to get another eye exam done to show the Navy I am qualified.

Did anyone here have a depth perception problem? Would I be able to go to a Military Hospital if I am a civilian?

jalen22

Hey,
I was supposed to be in this board, but I had a few problems with MEPS. I finally got it done, but looks like I am disqualified for SNA due to Depth Perception. I am certain that I passed this exam, since I asked the doctor right after and he told me I got everything right. Also, I had a medical exam for the Air Force about 2 years ago and the results for the Randot exam was 9/10 = 25" Arc Seconds. Right now I am trying to get another eye exam done to show the Navy I am qualified.

Did anyone here have a depth perception problem? Would I be able to go to a Military Hospital if I am a civilian?
I had the same issue, ask your recruiter to take you to one

red6

Hey,

Did anyone here have a depth perception problem? Would I be able to go to a Military Hospital if I am a
I had the same issue, ask your recruiter to take you to one
You can use reading glasses on the depth perception test as well.

baruvini

You can use reading glasses on the depth perception test as well.
The results from MEPS says I have 20/20 vision lol

Plus, last year I took the FAA medical exam and I got a 1st Class Flight Medical. All together shows that I should've passed the MEPS without a problem.