• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

milledon

My apologies if this is posted elsewhere but does anyone have a link to the schedule of classes for an NFO? Son was is headed to 9 FEB 2020 OCS class. Believes that graduates on or about 8 May 2020. We have another son graduating from college on 14 May 2020 and we are trying to plan that party so that the new commissioned older brother can attend.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
My apologies if this is posted elsewhere but does anyone have a link to the schedule of classes for an NFO? Son was is headed to 9 FEB 2020 OCS class. Believes that graduates on or about 8 May 2020. We have another son graduating from college on 14 May 2020 and we are trying to plan that party so that the new commissioned older brother can attend.

I wouldn't plan things until your son gets through the first phase of OCS. It wouldn't be "smart" to purchase tickets/plan things if he ends up getting rolled back or even DOR-ing. It's happened...

milledon

Thank you. Not committing to anything at this time. Just planning. I’m retired Army OCS guy myself and we had 1/4 of my class washout or get deferred for medical.

phoets44

What’s up everyone,

I’ve been tracking on this thread closely over the past few weeks, but this is my first post. I’m currently an active duty Navy Diver (ND3). As per the list we’ve all seen, I was PROREC Y. Scores are listed below. Congrats to everyone who received a PROREC and for those that didn’t, keep going.

GPA: 3.2
Major 1: Psychology
Major 2: Language and Cultural Studies
OAR: 44
AQR: 5
PFAR: 8
FOFAR: 7

Last edited:

Astro_Rekt

I just want to reinforce what others have said about not giving up. I started getting a package together for the USAF in 2016 because I was too old for the Navy at that time. It took over a year to get through the medical process because of my history, but I did, got selected in April 2017.

The Air Force is waaay slower than the Navy is, from my experience, but I also had all that medical to deal with back then. Was slotted for OCS June 2018 (a year and two months later), but ultimately failed my flight physical in August 2018. I called different Air National Guard units, attempted to fly for the Army, exhausted quite a few options until I learned the Navy had raised their age limits for SNA.

So the PRO-REC Y feels pretty good, but I know I still have a ways to go, and nothing is guaranteed. This hiccup may feel pretty shitty, but how we come back from these letdowns defines who we are as people. Anyone dedicated enough to go through this application process alone has my respect, and I hope to see you all in the skies one day.

Thanos

I just want to reinforce what others have said about not giving up. I started getting a package together for the USAF in 2016 because I was too old for the Navy at that time. It took over a year to get through the medical process because of my history, but I did, got selected in April 2017.

The Air Force is waaay slower than the Navy is, from my experience, but I also had all that medical to deal with back then. Was slotted for OCS June 2018 (a year and two months later), but ultimately failed my flight physical in August 2018. I called different Air National Guard units, attempted to fly for the Army, exhausted quite a few options until I learned the Navy had raised their age limits for SNA.

So the PRO-REC Y feels pretty good, but I know I still have a ways to go, and nothing is guaranteed. This hiccup may feel pretty shitty, but how we come back from these letdowns defines who we are as people. Anyone dedicated enough to go through this application process alone has my respect, and I hope to see you all in the skies one day.

Thanks for the encouragement. I guess all we can do is give it our best, the rest is out of our control. The universe do be like that.
Good luck to you!