• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
So I asked my recruiter about the e-QIP, and he says he doesn't think I need to sign that for the background investigation. I did sign a "Statement of Understanding for Security Investigation" and am wondering if that's what you're referencing? Don't mean to be contrarian, but my recruiter is really on top of his game, so I feel he would know if there was something else....
I signed that form ages ago at the beginning of the DCO process.
I'm assuming I had to sign the e-QIP probably due to the fact that i've never had a clearance or a background investigation of this depth, especially with the US Government.

unbroken

Naval officer
I signed that form ages ago at the beginning of the DCO process.
I'm assuming I had to sign the e-QIP probably due to the fact that i've never had a clearance or a background investigation of this depth, especially with the US Government.

Weird. Did you sign the e-QIP recently, ie after you were selected, or when you turned in all of your clearance forms?

Crippy011

Weird. Did you sign the e-QIP recently, ie after you were selected, or when you turned in all of your clearance forms?
I signed mine the day before I received my RAA from my new processor (after pro rec Y). My form states its a investigation request.

unbroken

Naval officer
Anyone have updates on final select letters? Also, about how long does it take to get approved for a billet? My recruiter put my name in for one almost 2 months ago and said we should find out w/in about a month....haven't heard anything since, however.

ryblyguy

Anyone have updates on final select letters? Also, about how long does it take to get approved for a billet? My recruiter put my name in for one almost 2 months ago and said we should find out w/in about a month....haven't heard anything since, however.

I'm in the same boat as you. Letter is on directors desk awaiting ink. Some selectees have received their letters though, which confuses me. Just have to be patient and play the waiting game. Welcome to the military :)

Crippy011

I was told by my processor that I should have it by the end of the week or early next week.

unbroken

Naval officer
I was told by my processor that I should have it by the end of the week or early next week.

Sorry, do you mean the final select letter or the billet? Also, is the processor different from the recruiter (and if so, did your recruiter put you in touch?) It's a bit hard to tell what my recruiter is and is not in charge of at this point...

thanks!

Crippy011

Sorry, do you mean the final select letter or the billet? Also, is the processor different from the recruiter (and if so, did your recruiter put you in touch?) It's a bit hard to tell what my recruiter is and is not in charge of at this point...

thanks!
My apologies, I should be receiving my final select letter shortly. My processor is not my OR but the individual responsible for working with Milington in regards to my paperwork. My processor got in touch with me directly for some small paperwork details but is also working directly with my OR.
In regards to the billet, my OR has me assigned to a temp/soft billet on my RRA until I (what I believe) commission and work with my NOSC/IDC unit to identify a permanent IW billet. I also believe this relates to the ability to receive security clearance.
Anyone else, please feel free to correct this as I can only assume this is the case at this point.

egiv

Does IW require polygraph? I don't think intel does...

Yes, it's a single-scope background investigation, meaning they are only trying to find out if there's any reason you wouldn't be loyal to the US. Usually taken care of in Pensacola at IWBC. Very different from a lifestyle poly, required for civilian intel agencies where anything you've ever done is fair game. I don't believe intel has any poly requirement, but I could be wrong.

unbroken

Naval officer
My apologies, I should be receiving my final select letter shortly. My processor is not my OR but the individual responsible for working with Milington in regards to my paperwork. My processor got in touch with me directly for some small paperwork details but is also working directly with my OR.
In regards to the billet, my OR has me assigned to a temp/soft billet on my RRA until I (what I believe) commission and work with my NOSC/IDC unit to identify a permanent IW billet. I also believe this relates to the ability to receive security clearance.
Anyone else, please feel free to correct this as I can only assume this is the case at this point.

That sounds right. I was told that the initial billet is basically good until you request to go elsewhere (at NIOBC for intel officers, not sure if it's the same process for IW). I will give it another week on the letter and whatnot and then check in with my OR.

unbroken

Naval officer

So my recruiter followed up last week and said they had sent me an old RRA initially, and asked if I could sign the updated one. I turned it in the next day and am hoping that it doesn't take another month-and-a-half to process, but we'll see. My recruiter has been great so far, so I'm pretty confident in his ability to keep things on track. Though, I'm still a little unclear on whether RRA needs to be processed before we can get assigned to a billet (my sense is yes).

Did you ever receive your final select letter btw? Hope so!

Crippy011

So my recruiter followed up last week and said they had sent me an old RRA initially, and asked if I could sign the updated one. I turned it in the next day and am hoping that it doesn't take another month-and-a-half to process, but we'll see. My recruiter has been great so far, so I'm pretty confident in his ability to keep things on track. Though, I'm still a little unclear on whether RRA needs to be processed before we can get assigned to a billet (my sense is yes).

Did you ever receive your final select letter btw? Hope so!
I also had to resubmit an updated RRA (something about processing a billet with my updated information).
Still waiting on my FINSEL. My processor is currently on leave till Monday but I was planning on giving my OR a call regardless. Hopefully he has some good news.

unbroken

Naval officer
I also had to resubmit an updated RRA (something about processing a billet with my updated information).
Still waiting on my FINSEL. My processor is currently on leave till Monday but I was planning on giving my OR a call regardless. Hopefully he has some good news.

My recruiter confirmed that my FINSEL is also just waiting on the desk for signature. He seemed cautiously optimistic that it would be signed in the next week or two, but time will tell.

Crippy011

My recruiter confirmed that my FINSEL is also just waiting on the desk for signature. He seemed cautiously optimistic that it would be signed in the next week or two, but time will tell.
I was able to get into contact with my processor yesterday, my oath is in the system, just need to schedule taking it (never received a FINSEL) but filled out my DD93. I guess next is COMDOCS.
Progress is still progress.

unbroken

Naval officer
I was able to get into contact with my processor yesterday, my oath is in the system, just need to schedule taking it (never received a FINSEL) but filled out my DD93. I guess next is COMDOCS.
Progress is still progress.
What is the time limit for commissioning again? 30 days from COMDOCS being signed? I remember it is 30 days from something...!