• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

ryblyguy

I was too engaged in conversation to think to look at the form number, but it's just an agreement form that is a prerequisite for the NOSC to send up to Millington and ask for COMDOCS to be generated and sent back down. On my form, all the boxes/fields were completely blank, and my OR just asked for a signature, saying he would fill it in.

Thanks for all the info, and congrats!

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Apparently the version of this form you originally filled out is no good the updated version is attached ! please fill in what you can, then print, sign, scan & email back when you have a sec ! NRC will send your Finsel Docs as soon as they get this !
Got an email two days ago asking me to redo my NAVPERS1200-1 rev6. Was told that was the only hold up to getting my FINSEL

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
Got an email two days ago asking me to redo my NAVPERS1200-1 rev6. Was told that was the only hold up to getting my FINSEL
Thanks for the info @fieldrat
I also filled out the same form a little less than a month ago as well as some paperwork initiating my clearance check but haven't heard back anything. Hopefully NRC hasn't forgotten about us.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Hopefully NRC hasn't forgotten about us.
Furthest thing from the truth... Check the post by @RUFiO181 concerning the issue of officer recruiters. Once I read that, and let it sink in, it made a lot more sense. I was getting a bit antsy as well, but you just gotta wait it out. Everyone thinks that they're the easiest candidate/PRO REC-Y to process (hint: I am) so they should be given the expedite treatment. Reality is that a lot of cogs have to turn in order for anything to get done. Does waiting suck? Sure does, but it's not like waiting a whole year for another chance to make it...

If you want to compare stats directly, send me a PM.

Henro

Furthest thing from the truth... Check the post by @RUFiO181 concerning the issue of officer recruiters. Once I read that, and let it sink in, it made a lot more sense. I was getting a bit antsy as well, but you just gotta wait it out. Everyone thinks that they're the easiest candidate/PRO REC-Y to process (hint: I am) so they should be given the expedite treatment. Reality is that a lot of cogs have to turn in order for anything to get done. Does waiting suck? Sure does, but it's not like waiting a whole year for another chance to make it...

If you want to compare stats directly, send me a PM.
I actually got my COMDOCS today and will be commissioning on Sunday.

unbroken

Naval officer
I actually got my COMDOCS today and will be commissioning on Sunday.

Congrats! What COMDOCs are you referencing, exactly? And about how long did you have to wait since turning in the RRA, etc?

Finally, is it common to host commissioning events on weekends? Would certainly be easier for my family that is traveling, but I guess I assumed it was a normal operating hours type event...

Henro

Congrats! What COMDOCs are you referencing, exactly? And about how long did you have to wait since turning in the RRA, etc?

Finally, is it common to host commissioning events on weekends? Would certainly be easier for my family that is traveling, but I guess I assumed it was a normal operating hours type event...
I turned in my RRA the first day they announced the selection and received notice today.
So for you Q for hosting on weekends. It depends, you can actually swear in and then do the ceremony later. As for me, the recruiter asked me to just come in and sign the docs and get commissioned right then and there but I'm actually doing a conference to plan next years cycle. OSplan, long range training plan and short range training plans etc etc..... with Active folks Since I am currently a Chief and Senior Enlisted for my unit. I asked my the recruiter to just print me the COMDOCS (oath and commission paper) so I can have an Officer I actually know do it and sign the paperwork. They did tell I must have it done by end of the month though.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Citizen Sailor, Gentleman Farmer
Most of the paperwork refered to as COMDOC's are generated by your recruiter, there were a few standard forms that looked like they came from the State recruiting center. The one single form that the recruiter was waiting on was the oath. I was told that my oath was not processed until I filled out the RRA, and the OR was surprised that the process waited on the RRA. So long story short, get the RRA signed quickly.

unbroken

Naval officer
Most of the paperwork refered to as COMDOC's are generated by your recruiter, there were a few standard forms that looked like they came from the State recruiting center. The one single form that the recruiter was waiting on was the oath. I was told that my oath was not processed until I filled out the RRA, and the OR was surprised that the process waited on the RRA. So long story short, get the RRA signed quickly.

I posted this in a separate thread, but since its relevant: Do we have to wait for the background check/security clearance process to be complete in order to swear in, or is that a separate process? (non prior here, and I don't hold an active clearance)

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
I posted this in a separate thread, but since its relevant: Do we have to wait for the background check/security clearance process to be complete in order to swear in, or is that a separate process? (non prior here, and I don't hold an active clearance)
I don't believe so. However, the 'system' must show that an investigation is open in order for everything to proceed, at least from what I've heard and seen in other postings on this site.