• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

unbroken

Naval officer
I don't believe so. However, the 'system' must show that an investigation is open in order for everything to proceed, at least from what I've heard and seen in other postings on this site.

Ok. Does that mean that our paperwork has been submitted or that they're actually interviewing people. Not that I have any power over this anyway...

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
Ok. Does that mean that our paperwork has been submitted or that they're actually interviewing people. Not that I have any power over this anyway...
Assuming there are no issues with your SF-86 and you've signed a investigations request (e-QIP) - I had to resign the last 4 with a more recent date as well as the e-QIP form in addition to my RAA. I would guess that the paperwork has been submitted and it's going through the proper workflows. I'm sure @NavyOffRec or @RUFiO181 could provide more insight into the investigations process.
Reddit has some good info on this at r/newtothenavy.

unbroken

Naval officer
Assuming there are no issues with your SF-86 and you've signed a investigations request (e-QIP) - I had to resign the last 4 with a more recent date as well as the e-QIP form in addition to my RAA. I would guess that the paperwork has been submitted and it's going through the proper workflows. I'm sure @NavyOffRec or @RUFiO181 could provide more insight into the investigations process.
Reddit has some good info on this at r/newtothenavy.

Weird, I don't think I ever received any info on e-QIP. I did a quick email search and the only thing I have for that is for an old State Dept clearance. I did turn in the SF-86 several months ago...when did you received the e-QIP request? Did you do that at the same time as the SF-86, or does that come later?

Thank you.

Crippy011

Weird, I don't think I ever received any info on e-QIP. I did a quick email search and the only thing I have for that is for an old State Dept clearance. I did turn in the SF-86 several months ago...when did you received the e-QIP request? Did you do that at the same time as the SF-86, or does that come later?

Thank you.
My processor sent me the forms early Feb in addition to my RAA.
Are you prior service? You probably didn't receive the e-QIP since you probably have an active clearance or already have had a background check conducted by the US Government (operating on an assumption here, perhaps someone with more experience in this field could give a better answer).

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
@Arvin Verma , I also don't have any equip paperwork. My last 'checkup' was during 2014 or 2015. Kinda fuzzy because my brain tends to block traumatic experiences such as being hooked to machines and being accused of being evasive and subversive...

Crippy011

@Arvin Verma , I also don't have any equip paperwork. My last 'checkup' was during 2014 or 2015. Kinda fuzzy because my brain tends to block traumatic experiences such as being hooked to machines and being accused of being evasive and subversive...
Ah, the good ole polygraph, can't wait for that experience.

Crippy011

Does IW require polygraph? I don't think intel does...
Looking at the following for guidance (https://www.navycs.com/officer/intelligenceofficer.html), looks like Intel also requires TS/SCI.
Not sure what that would entail but it's going to be a really in depth review. I believe anyone within information dominance, possibly except for meteorology are required to have TS/SCI (Can anyone else confirm this?).

unbroken

Naval officer
Looking at the following for guidance (https://www.navycs.com/officer/intelligenceofficer.html), looks like Intel also requires TS/SCI.
Not sure what that would entail but it's going to be a really in depth review. I believe anyone within information dominance, possibly except for meteorology are required to have TS/SCI (Can anyone else confirm this?).

Oh, yes, it does require TS/SCI. But I don't think it requires a polygraph typically (at least for intel)

Crippy011

Oh, yes, it does require TS/SCI. But I don't think it requires a polygraph typically (at least for intel)
Not sure, r/newtothenavy has some good postings about security clearance and if a poly is required. I would assume it's just to check if you've done anything to compromise US national security or any other questionable activities, but I'm no means an expert in this area.
From what i'm seeing online, it really depends on the type of information that you're going to be viewing.

unbroken

Naval officer
My processor sent me the forms early Feb in addition to my RAA.
Are you prior service? You probably didn't receive the e-QIP since you probably have an active clearance or already have had a background check conducted by the US Government (operating on an assumption here, perhaps someone with more experience in this field could give a better answer).

So I asked my recruiter about the e-QIP, and he says he doesn't think I need to sign that for the background investigation. I did sign a "Statement of Understanding for Security Investigation" and am wondering if that's what you're referencing? Don't mean to be contrarian, but my recruiter is really on top of his game, so I feel he would know if there was something else....