• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 STA-21 Applicants

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I can feel where you're coming from Paul. You just have to remain focused on your career goals. Everyone has their own way or rewarding themselves for their specific achievements. You have to find out what works for you. I can only imagine how being a full time dad/husband, student, and worker can put a little stress on your life. All I have to say is that your hard work is not going unnoticed. Keep your head up and do the best at everything you do!

lifepilot17

FY-14 STA-21 Alternate Selectee
Remember to pace yourself, and as a fellow father (to a toddler and a newborn), take a step back occasionally and see what's the most important part of life; your family.

I'm in a similar situation, taking classes, tons of non-rate education, and plenty of collateral duties, so I feel your pain. Also, work hard, play hard, and never study on a Saturday!

This is just my offer at combating burnout; experiment and do what works for you man! Like Longo said, keep your head up!

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Remember to pace yourself, and as a fellow father (to a toddler and a newborn), take a step back occasionally and see what's the most important part of life; your family.

I'm in a similar situation, taking classes, tons of non-rate education, and plenty of collateral duties, so I feel your pain. Also, work hard, play hard, and never study on a Saturday!

This is just my offer at combating burnout; experiment and do what works for you man! Like Longo said, keep your head up!

Unfortunately I have spent a lot of Saturdays studying/doing class work. Getting burnt out happens. Every time I sign up for a new round of classes I feel the "meh", but the only thing that really keeps me going is knowing that there is an end point.

weq820

FY16 STA-21 Applicant, Pilot
I think this refers to those who were selected for core in the past years. They are now in their senior year of college and will be selected for a specific designator.

Yes, but we can view the progress of official business as a ray of sunshine, right? Could this be indicative of results for us next week????? :p

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Latest message signed by VADM Moran.

162129Z OCT NAVADMIN 270/13 SUBJ: NOTICE OF CONVENING FY-15 ACTIVE-DUTY REAR ADMIRAL AND REAR ADMIRAL (LOWER HALF) SELECTION BOARDS

weq820

FY16 STA-21 Applicant, Pilot
Is VADM Moran the one who will be signing our message as well?

Sorry if that's a stupid question.

Calraven

STA21 FY14 Core Applicant
Well, hopefully it should be coming out pretty quick. To answer Longo's question, I am a Core option applicant. Message traffic is flowing nicely these last two days, so maybe the end is in site for those of us who are waiting. Good luck to all.

Calraven

My wife stalks this thread as well, she noticed that I now have an account. Earlier this week, the results for Junior Sailor of the Quarter came out, and I had made a facebook post about the results (as I was selected) and my wife got super excited because she though the STA21 results had came out.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
The message about the Rear Admiral selection board wasn't released until November 7th last year. Just a little something to think about as we all wait and suffer. lol...

Calraven

It is possible that non-essential messages have been sort of put on the side burner, and now with a 3 month resolution, they are just going to start firing off messages. Pray that the STA21 message is going to be part of that rapid succession. I was very patient with not really checking until around 15 October, but we are passed the date, and the eagerness is beginning to weigh in. However, I think my wife is more eager than I. I applied for Texas A&M, and she is from Texas, show she wants to hurry up and move back. I mean, she almost wants it more than I do! ahaha.