• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 STA-21 Applicants

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
My phone went off and after looking at the first few lines my heart stopped. All I saw was, SUBJ: FY-14 SELECTION BOARD RESULTS..then I kept reading lol...Lord willing...ours will be out soon

My heart skipped a beat on this one too .... Thank a lot James ... lol

James_j7

FY15 STA-21 CORE Applicant
Sorry guy/gals. Just keeping everyone up to date for those without message access. Ill post NAVADMINS relating to promotions or selections to different programs.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
101945Z OCT 13 NAVADMIN 269/13 SUBJ: PASSING OF ADMIRAL DAVID E. JEREMIAH, USN (RET)

This is the latest message from last Thursday that I see in message traffic.

lifepilot17

FY-14 STA-21 Alternate Selectee
Haven't seen gravity yet, but will see it this weekend with the wife. I'm also pretty pumped to see Captain Phillips!
Most excited for Ender's Game though; I'm hoping they did a good job with it since it's one of my favorite books.

That's awesome that you were part of that whole situation Longo!

Calraven

STA21 FY14 Core Applicant
I have been following you guys on the thread since page 28. Finally regestered, aggrovating how long it is taking, and the Government Shut Down continual emotional rollar coaster is not helping out.

lifepilot17

FY-14 STA-21 Alternate Selectee
Well, at least now there is a deal on the table to end the Gov't shutdown! At least it's one step in the right direction!

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I have been following you guys on the thread since page 28. Finally regestered, aggrovating how long it is taking, and the Government Shut Down continual emotional rollar coaster is not helping out.

Welcome aboard friend.... What option did you apply for?

Question is anyone else finding it hard to stay motivated? I know at this point I am. Being junior I have hit the ground running(just hit 18 months at my first command and TIS is 34 months). In that time I've qualified submarines, passed 5 CLEP examines, took precalc and calc, qualified senior in rate (QMOW), qualified stuff out of rate, came off of a 7 month deployment and rolled right into 12 credit hours in a 11 week period (2 classes 1, 8 week period, and 2 classes another 8 week period, with 5 weeks of over lap), while having a wife and 3 kids. I find myself starting to feel burnt out. Granted I just finished 2 of my 4 courses with A's in computer networking and programing basics, but I find myself dragging my feet with these last two classes. On top of that I should be taking the comptia networking + and security + exams too which will also look good on me(being out of rate), but I'm starting to feel like very- meh about it. Overall I guess I have tried to compensate being a junior sailor by consolidating my goals/milestones in order to stand out. Has anyone else had this problem or felt like this? Any ideas on how to stay motivated?