• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 STA-21 Applicants

Stats:
PROGRAM OPTION: NFO
Rate:AO2/E-5
Time in: 2.5 years
Commands: VFA-11
Pins: AW/SW
Evals: NOB (E-2), MP (E-4), MP (E-4), #1 MP E-5 FROCKED
ACT/SAT: 26 COMPOSITE
ASTB: 5,5,5,55
HS GPA: 3.8
Collage classes take:32 SEMISTER HOURS CURRENTLY IN PSYC 2301 AND ENGL 1302
Certs: LPT, TL, PLANE CAPTAIN, FINAL CHECKER, TROUBLE SHOOTER, RELEASE AND CONTROL CHECK TEAM MEMBER, ALPO, DIV CAREER COUNSELOR
Awards: (2 LOA), SEA SERVICE, BATTLE E, MUC, OTHERS
LOR: Navy 0-4 (NFO), NAVY 0-3 (PILOT), Navy CWO4
PRT: All EXCELLENT
VOLUNTEER HOURS: 150

THIS IS MY SECOND YEAR APPLYING AND HOPING THAT THE BUDGET CUTS DONT COMPLETELY RUIN THE SELECTION PROCESS. I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY MY MO THAT BUDGET ISSUES WILL NOT AFFECT PRODUCTION COMMANDS IE TRAINING COMMANDS; HOWEVER, I AM STILL REALLY WORRIED AND HATE THIS WAITING GAME THAT WE ARE PLAYING. ANY ADVICE FROM PAST SELECTEES ON HOW TO SET YOUR SELF APART FROM THE REST OF THE THE GROUP?

KeJuan918

Well straight from the site is this which is quite disheartening.

IMPORTANT INFO: The following Target Options and CORE are open for application for FY-14 STA-21 selection board: SWO, SWO/ED, SWO/IP, SWO/OCEANO, NUCLEAR, SPECWAR, EOD, NFO, PILOT, CEC, & NURSE CORPS.
The following Target Options have zero select opportunity for FY-14: HR, INTEL, IW, MEDICAL CORPS, OCEANO, & SUPPLY CORPS.
With sequestration and the downward trend in selections this made sense. I checked your profile and noticed you made alt so that means your package was in good shape and i'm sure you've improved since then. Other than the same old blah about lessons learned I really wouldn't stress the announcement, its the same lesson learned every year don't turn in a package unless you meet the minimums lol

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I have improved quite a bit and Im very confident this year, but you never know. The selection process is getting tighter and there are hundreds of top performing sailors out there. I am finally done with this huge inspection at my command and can shift my focus back to putting my package together. Most of it is done but I have to work with my mentor on getting my boards set up.

weq820

FY16 STA-21 Applicant, Pilot
Hey, CTN3 Sampson shooting for Pilot/Core. This is my first time trying. If nothing else, I'm looking forward to the experience so that I know in which areas I need to improve for next year. :p

Stats:
PROGRAM OPTION: Pilot
Rate: CTN3
TIS: 1.5 years
Pins: Working on IDW
Evals: MP (only one so far)
ACT/SAT: 24 math, 36 reading
ASTB: 5,5,5,50 (not sure how I feel about these scores. Most people I've talked to said they're pretty good, but from what I've read, they aren't competitive)
HS GPA: 3.8
College: AA with 2.9 GPA
Certs: SEC+
LOR: Navy O-5 Pilot, Navy O-5 Pilot (retired), Navy O-6 (retired)
PRT: Overall Excellent

Haven't had my interviews, yet. I'm actually kind of confused about how the whole process works. My divo says we need to wait for the navadmin to come out before I send my package up. Should I be asking about interviews before that happens?

Also, currently working on my personal statement. I had a Lt completely rip my first draft apart. If anyone has advice on that front, it'd be appreciated.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey, CTN3 Sampson shooting for Pilot/Core.

Hey, BzB answering!

Also, currently working on my personal statement. I had a Lt completely rip my first draft apart. If anyone has advice on that front, it'd be appreciated.
Suggest you use search function for 'motivational statement'. Tons of info & suggestions/samples available.;)
BzB

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Am I the only one who is starting to get worried about not seeing a message regarding this year's program?

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
I really hope this message comes out soon. I know it will most likely be the same as the previous years, maybe with the added line about the zero spots for the previously mentioned program options. I just need the reassurance that the program is good for this year. There is not much I need to do for my package this year. This forum has been quiet, which is fine. I wonder what will come first, the NAVADMIN, or Daft Punk's new single for their upcoming album? Any bets?

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I really hope this message comes out soon. I know it will most likely be the same as the previous years, maybe with the added line about the zero spots for the previously mentioned program options. I just need the reassurance that the program is good for this year. There is not much I need to do for my package this year. This forum has been quiet, which is fine. I wonder what will come first, the NAVADMIN, or Daft Punk's new single for their upcoming album? Any bets?

Hey POPO!! Long time no ..... uh ... see? lol ... Yea I emailed Mr.Straten and he was the one who assured me that its awaiting the Admiaral's ink. If I knew who Daft Punk was, I would probably place a bet but I dont. Hows your det going? You get any good additions to your package? Do you think our chances are dramatically increased being alternates last year?

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
If I knew who Daft Punk was, I would probably place a bet but I dont.

WHAT?????

images
images
images
images

^ Is this doing anything for you? If not than it is hopeless.

Getting back on topic.....

Message has been released

This is good news. I can stop holding my breath and get down and dirty with submitting my package!