• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 STA-21 Applicants

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
The college admission process is a pain in my rear just like it was last year. I just got off the phone with all the schools I have applications in for and asked them for an expedited admission decision. ASU was very kind and understanding and said they would get on it right away. I got the run around with UT and UF were just a bunch of a-holes. I feel like the first impression I get from their admissions people is how I will look at their school from here on out. ASU tends to have my vote right now. Anyone else having any headaches with schools??
I understand your frustration but realize that they get about a dozen calls a day for people asking to be treated special for this, that, and the other thing. They have thousands of applicants to sort through and will end up filling the freshman class without accomodating the myriad of special requests they get. Life goes on.

jsm147

The college admission process is a pain in my rear just like it was last year. I just got off the phone with all the schools I have applications in for and asked them for an expedited admission decision. ASU was very kind and understanding and said they would get on it right away. I got the run around with UT and UF were just a bunch of a-holes. I feel like the first impression I get from their admissions people is how I will look at their school from here on out. ASU tends to have my vote right now. Anyone else having any headaches with schools??

ASU is a great school if you manage to get picked up. I'm currently enrolled, as I didn't get picked up for STA-21 last year, in NROTC college program and it is definitely high quality--plus the school is very military friendly.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
ASU is a great school if you manage to get picked up. I'm currently enrolled, as I didn't get picked up for STA-21 last year, in NROTC college program and it is definitely high quality--plus the school is very military friendly.

Are you actually attending classes in AZ or are you doing online courses?

ohnoitslizz

FY-19 LDO Applicant

I have only tackled one school so far and they were willing to expedite as well, however our browser here on the Truman does not enable me to upload certain documents on my online application, disabling me from completing it. I have contacted admissions and their workaround was supplying them with my orders and proof of residency so they can login to my page for me, upload them and then I SHOULD be able to submit. I wish they just had a paper copy I could've mailed in. Wish me luck that my other schools have an easier process. lol

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I have only tackled one school so far and they were willing to expedite as well, however our browser here on the Truman does not enable me to upload certain documents on my online application, disabling me from completing it. I have contacted admissions and their workaround was supplying them with my orders and proof of residency so they can login to my page for me, upload them and then I SHOULD be able to submit. I wish they just had a paper copy I could've mailed in. Wish me luck that my other schools have an easier process. lol

Ahhh nice .... you guys are out in the middle of the Med right now huh?? Just had an AS2 check into my command from the Truman ....

ohnoitslizz

FY-19 LDO Applicant
Yep, we're out here = ). I have all the time in the world to sit and think until results come out, lol. Couldn't take 21 days leave to make time pass like some people. lol :p

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Yep, we're out here = ). I have all the time in the world to sit and think until results come out, lol. Couldn't take 21 days leave to make time pass like some people. lol :p
HAHAHA ... Yea my Senior Chief was asking me all kinds of questions. He was like "AS2, why are you requesting so many days of leave? You know that we need you for maintenance." I was like ummmmm I have some sort of family reunion that has been planned for like 5 years. hahaha.... I am really going to dallas to sleep in late, go to some concerts, go watch my Dallas Cowboys whoop some ass, and just relax with family and friends. That will make 21 days go by real quick!!!

jsm147

I don't really know how many there are but I've met two OC's and three MECEP's so far which seem to have it pretty good but still attend command function like everyone else.

lifepilot17

FY-14 STA-21 Alternate Selectee
ETT, yes... but i prefer to consider it a "hopeful" investment = ) vice a waste of money. If i am not mistaking, one of the fees might be reimbursed (not 100% on that, though). Personally, I don't mind paying any number of application fees (even if they were to be non-reimbursable) due to the return on investment, which is $10,000/year towards education as well as a full time pay check during college AND a guaranteed "job offer" upon graduation.

There are a few colleges that actually waive the application fee if you've been on deployment. This is something they may be able to reimburse as well... Just something to consider.

lifepilot17

FY-14 STA-21 Alternate Selectee
Also, i'll have to see about those deployment reimbursable fees, thanks for the heads up!

Not a problem! Most of the SOCNAV colleges and universities have the application waiver as well as some of the higher profile state schools, such as Embry-Riddle, University of Michigan, Washington State University, etc.